Weather 2016

Keithy

Just now, Helsbels said:

TV weather forecasts were so much better when they just used to stick suns or clouds etc on the map. I don't feel any the wiser after watching Countryfile

I totally agree! I was gobsmacked when the whole country went brown in varying shades. What the fuck is that supposed to mean? These visuals have been around for years and I still don't get it!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got here Friday 6pm and had to wait outside the festival in a yard as Purple route and Blue route were impassable, eventually got led in on an alternate Blue route. Very muddy and flooded lanes.

Worked on Gate D yesterday, a bit churned up in places considering hardly anyone used it yet. Bus had to let me out 100yards away from my spot as lane to Gate D was flooded. The sun started to dry things up a bit but also a few showers later.

It's  raining now (7pm Sunday) and has been pretty constantly since about 4pm.

I'm back on Gate D all day tomorrow and Tuesday so will update you with pics if I can. Plenty of days to dry out things yet though...

fc

33 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I know it's just one of thousand interpretations, but I still remain essentially trusting of the BBC Weather site.

Whilst I realise that BBC Weather, Countryfile and UKMO are very closely linked in terms of the data from which they extrapolate their forecasts, the BBC website is, in the main very accurate in my experience.

The MetOffice provides the data for the bbc and hence countryfile, including scripted forecast interpretation, hence why it's generally very accurate.

They are the ones with the U.K. wide infrastructure, gathering data from numerous sources. The processed data then gets sold on to various customers etc............

For those who are yet to try it out, the MetOffice free app is worth a poke.

So the webcam looked awful when I posted 5 hours ago, been out done glasto shopping and come bag and it still look shit.....though a bit brighter. More rain forecast tomorrow, praying Tuesday is dry.....

6 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Ok, haven't been able to check much on here over the weekend. Tomorrow lunchtime is my last chance to go and buy some wellies, otherwise the walking boots will have to do. What we thinking I should do?

I'm sticking with boots, will pick up some gaiters on Tuesday if it's looking grim. Wellies can go fuck themselves. 

Been on site today to setup our stall in the field of Avalon.

The site has had a lot of rain and is pretty choppy round the tracks where the tractors have chopped it up.

I toured the site and the higher ground is fine, sat down at the stone circle and did not get a wet arse.

Tuesday is the key for me.  If we can get dry weather for 36 hours till 9am Weds then the site will be ok and we will all be sitting down on the higher ground and the campsites will probably be ok.

IMG_20160619_133946698.jpg

IMG_20160619_134110040.jpg

IMG_20160619_134443706.jpg

IMG_20160619_133230505_HDR.jpg

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Gaiters.

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm sticking with boots, will pick up some gaiters on Tuesday if it's looking grim. Wellies can go fuck themselves. 

1 minute ago, Kinkyinuit said:

If you have got boots and gaiters, that should see you through. The worst of the rain should pass by Tuesday so ground conditiona are expected to be quite bad Wednesday but by Friday it should be quite firm as long as there isn't a further pour from Wednesday!

Ok great gaiters it is then, I'll pick some up tomorrow. Excuse my ignorance but I've never even seen a pair of these before - are they suitable to wear with shorts? Would I still get a 'booty' if the water was above ankle height? 

14 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Later than usual because that Matt bloke lost his crack pipe.

Ha ! Found it. Dare I say it doesn't look too bad ?

Edited by simonizer

12 minutes ago, spuggy said:

Been on site today to setup our stall in the field of Avalon.

The site has had a lot of rain and is pretty choppy round the tracks where the tractors have chopped it up.

I toured the site and the higher ground is fine, sat down at the stone circle and did not get a wet arse.

Tuesday is the key for me.  If we can get dry weather for 36 hours till 9am Weds then the site will be ok and we will all be sitting down on the higher ground and the campsites will probably be ok.

IMG_20160619_133946698.jpg

IMG_20160619_134110040.jpg

IMG_20160619_134443706.jpg

IMG_20160619_133230505_HDR.jpg

Gah. Bloody vehicle tracks. We need some kind of hover-tractors :)