• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

It means Green Day will 100 percent not be at Download

Yup, it's meant that ever since we knew BST was on, considering that isn't a quick sell out they are never going to allow them to play a Festival close to it that has sold out or a day of it even once in 10 years. 

It'll be IOW down the south if anything, if it happens.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Prophets of Rage, Rancid and Hatebreed announced for Nova Rock. I'd like to think they're all likely for Download. 

Prophets of Rage to sub SOAD, Hatebreed to play Main and Rancid to headline second against Aerosmith? 

Yeah something like that. Prophets with a 'special guest' billing is always gonna be the best option and before SOAD would work quite well. Strong prospect of Rancid for once, now they've started to take (more) lower billings.

2 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Have to wonder if they'll get The Misfits if they come over. Reckon they'd headline 2nd too? Can't really see who they'd be subbing unless they pull off Metallica.

Misfits are over. Danzig's done one. Shocking, I know.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

well Download 2016 had two of 2013's three headliners - maybe 2017 can have two of 2014's :lol:

Well let's face it, LP would have been booked in 18 if not 17. They have already played twice on only a 3 year gap. 

A7X, LP and SOAD...I don't see that doing amazingly well.

I'm thinking that you can almost bank on Aerosmith. It just makes sense with them supposedly doing Hellfest and this being their swan song. They will shift tickets regardless of this being their final tour, but if it is marketed as their last ever U.K. performance then that'll do even better numbers. 

A7X having a new album, having the tour in January and DL being the only UK festival they could headline makes sense too. 

And the SOAD new album speculation seems to be ramping up week on week, and you can be sure DL will want them if they're available. They're still a massive rarity in the UK. They've been back, what, five years now (six next year) and they've played four shows in the UK, three of those being festivals, so there is still plenty of people who haven't had the chance to see them since 2005/06. 

I think that is a very strong set of headliners too. One of the iconic names in Rock over the last 40 years playing their final tour, one of the biggest names in the current Metal world coming back with a new album and one of the most popular Metal bands of the past 20 years coming back to play only their fifth show in 11/12 years. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I'm thinking that you can almost bank on Aerosmith. It just makes sense with them supposedly doing Hellfest and this being their swan song. They will shift tickets regardless of this being their final tour, but if it is marketed as their last ever U.K. performance then that'll do even better numbers. 

A7X having a new album, having the tour in January and DL being the only UK festival they could headline makes sense too. 

And the SOAD new album speculation seems to be ramping up week on week, and you can be sure DL will want them if they're available. They're still a massive rarity in the UK. They've been back, what, five years now (six next year) and they've played four shows in the UK, three of those being festivals, so there is still plenty of people who haven't had the chance to see them since 2005/06. 

I think that is a very strong set of headliners too. One of the iconic names in Rock over the last 40 years playing their final tour, one of the biggest names in the current Metal world coming back with a new album and one of the most popular Metal bands of the past 20 years coming back to play only their fifth show in 11/12 years. 

French magazine thing reckons SOAD are doing Download Paris so I could imagine the three you (and also, scarily, Black Crow a while ago :wacko:) suggested being it. Two of them headline both Downloads, and Aerosmith does Donington because they need someone old as fuck.

I'd be happy with Avenged, SOAD and Aerosmith :)

There's a few bands I've not seen before that I'd also like to see make an appearance lower down bill - Raised Fist, Sabaton, Mushroomhead, Letlive., and Anti-clone. Looking forward to seeing some announcements, hopefully soon!!