Download 2017

Hart Attack

On 8/6/2016 at 9:06 PM, Black_Crow said:

System of A Down

Avenged Sevenfold

Aerosmith (Last Ever UK Show)

This is now looking like a real possibility and if it does turn out to be the case me, and a few others will have to eat humble pie. (in this case, doesn't excuse all the other bollox)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Just had a quick browse of the DL Forums to see if there was any more details. Well worth a read if you've got a spare 10 minutes. In-fighting among themselves about whether or not this means System will play or not. 

Seems like one or two people dismissing it for no reason other than they think SoaD can't travel from France to the UK and back to France in the space of 3 days. Ridiculous, every year they are voted #1 on the bands people want at the festival and the year they your AC doesn't book them? Not a hope in hell. SoaD 100% at DL.

System Of A Down 
Prophets of Rage
Limp Bizkit
Architects
Hatebreed
Fear Factory 
Sepultura 
King 810 

Within Temptation
Opeth
Against Me! 

Young Guns 

Avenged Sevenfold 
Five Finger Death Punch 
Lamb Of God 
Jimmy Eat World 
Asking Alexandria 
Coheed and Cambria 
Crossfaith 
Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 
Creeper 

Rancid
Sum 41 
While She Sleeps 

Mayhem 

Aerosmith
Steel Panther 
Volbeat
Ghost 
Airbourne 
In Flames 
Lacuna Coil 
Kvelertak
Evil Scarecrow 

Stone Sour 
Of Mice & Men
Pierce The Veil

The Dillinger Escape Plan 

Edited by Andre91

Just now, Red Day said:

Cheers fella, here's hoping

Bad times about Glasto man. I really don't want System at Download but I accept it's happening and that'll I'll have to go as they'll play one damn London show after that I'll be at work when it's on sale for!.......and that is how they pull you in.

System of a Down have announced Download Festival June 10th on their website.. early leak by the looks of it, someone's in trouble hahaa

Wanted to post screenshot but app wouldnt let me.

UPDATE:

My mistake hahaa, just saw 'Download France', then read previous posts.. sorry guys lol

Edited by coreyt409

10 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Friday:

Main: SoaD, Alter Bridge, Royal Blood, Mastodon, Slaves (UK), Marmozets, Giraffe Tongue Orchestra, Black Peaks.

Second: Bullet For My Valentine, Papa Roach, Refused.

Saturday:

Main: Avenged Sevenfold, Steel Panther, Stone Sour, Lamb Of God, Anthrax, Crossfaith, Cancer Bats, Hacktivist.

Second: Slayer, Sepultura, Sleeping With Sirens.

Sunday:

Main: Metallica, Misfits, The Offspring, Parkway Drive, Architects, New Found Glory, Young Guns, Creeper.

Second: Limp Bizkit, Trivium, Pierce The Veil.

MAN that Friday is beautiful.

8 hours ago, devilman said:

This is now looking like a real possibility and if it does turn out to be the case me, and a few others will have to eat humble pie. (in this case, doesn't excuse all the other bollox)

Tbf I patted him on the back for it on the next page so I'm exempt from all the pie-eating. Not convinced on Avenged Sevenfold though.

3 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Are people on the DL forums guessing Guns N Roses purely out of blind hope/optimism? Surely no chance they end up there 

There has been a few little bits of 'info' on GNR doing it a couple of months back but nothing that we've really paid much attention to here on these boards.

41 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There has been a few little bits of 'info' on GNR doing it a couple of months back but nothing that we've really paid much attention to here on these boards.

I think the only hints of info on it we have had are AC saying he would love to have them as DL and that website that was not at all reliable claiming GnR had agreed to do it, nothing worthwhile taking notice of, atleast in my opinion.

SoaD are the only band we can really say have a solid base of info behind them at this point.

9 hours ago, Gozpot said:

I think the only hints of info on it we have had are AC saying he would love to have them as DL and that website that was not at all reliable claiming GnR had agreed to do it, nothing worthwhile taking notice of, atleast in my opinion.

SoaD are the only band we can really say have a solid base of info behind them at this point.

Yeah I know why I don't believe it, I'm just explaining why others might.

1 hour ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

The reaction on the Facebook page and the DL Forums when neither Metallica or Guns N Roses play will be brilliant though. Be like watching Arsenal fans on deadline day. 

gonna have to make sure i check that out. i'm sure System will go down relatively well but if the other two are A7X and Aerosmith i anticipate huge backlash for another repeated duo so soon (and one not nearly on the same level as Maiden and, imo of course, Rammstein)

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

gonna have to make sure i check that out. i'm sure System will go down relatively well but if the other two are A7X and Aerosmith i anticipate huge backlash for another repeated duo so soon (and one not nearly on the same level as Maiden and, imo of course, Rammstein)

Rammstein for rarity but in all fairness, bar the pyro and the show they are just a bit shit.

Just now, thewayiam said:

Rammstein for rarity but in all fairness, bar the pyro and the show they are just a bit shit.

tbh they were a bit of a shit headliner in the sense that they'd released no new material since they last headlined, but their live show more than makes up for that. i doubt either A7X or Aerosmith boast a similar live reputation, but obviously getting a bit ahead of myself here as nothing's been announced so we shall wait and see

42 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Will also be pretty awkward if A7X get announced while there's still standing available for their show 15 miles away from Download. I just don't think they'd have done this extensive a tour if Download was in the offing, however if they do start getting announced for all the festivals around Download then it'll look a safe assumption that LN just overestimated their appeal.

I didn't know the A7X tour was selling so badly, I bet they wish they didn't announce that 2nd 02 date.

I started doing by my view though, if it is then 3 then it's very much so bar SOAD a lazy set and poor booking of headliners.

And come on in fairness, Andy is a complete arse....I can see why many acts that are hard to get just don't care.

Edited by thewayiam

58 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Will also be pretty awkward if A7X get announced while there's still standing available for their show 15 miles away from Download. I just don't think they'd have done this extensive a tour if Download was in the offing, however if they do start getting announced for all the festivals around Download then it'll look a safe assumption that LN just overestimated their appeal.

Download should know they've overestimated their appeal after terrible sales the last time they headlined. People are forgetting that this tour is a package with Disturbed being a big draw in themselves. After 'the sound of silence' went massive this is arguably the biggest Disturbed have been.

1 hour ago, theramm said:

Download should know they've overestimated their appeal after terrible sales the last time they headlined. People are forgetting that this tour is a package with Disturbed being a big draw in themselves. After 'the sound of silence' went massive this is arguably the biggest Disturbed have been.

And it shouldn't be as what they have released in the last two albums isn't much to talk about, that happens a lot though that bands get bigger for bringing out poorer stuff. Not a fan of the headliners itself either tbf mind.

Not even SOADs crowd that year was massive so A7Xs wasn't going to do great.

Edited by thewayiam

11 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Standing is sold out at both A7X's o2 shows so I don't think it's selling that badly, just nobody really wants to sit at this type of gig.

You say that, nothing bar the capital city with the most people has sold standing out I don't think. Alt-J as far as I'm aware and maybe YM@6 sold out standing at The 02, Alt-J didn't too well  you all accounts on their bigger tour though.

Edited by thewayiam