Hart Attack

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Worth knowing that the Avenged Sevenfold Glasgow show is selling extremely well, but also worth noting that they haven't done a headline show of their own here for a very long time, which might provide a new perspective for that. No idea how the rest are doing.

Can't wait for it. Nov, Dec and Jan are going to cost me a fortune in trips to Glasgow for gigs.

2 hours ago, devilman said:

Can't wait for it. Nov, Dec and Jan are going to cost me a fortune in trips to Glasgow for gigs.

What you going to ? I've got bsc , alter bridge, placebo and Avenged .  Can catch up for a beer if you're at any. 

2 hours ago, Red Day said:

What you going to ? I've got bsc , alter bridge, placebo and Avenged .  Can catch up for a beer if you're at any. 

My BSC is at Cat Hoose. Got all them plus Biffy, ADTR, BFMV and KSE, Black Sabbath and some others I can't remember. Staying over for them all so gimme a shout and we can talk bollox.

10 hours ago, devilman said:

My BSC is at Cat Hoose. Got all them plus Biffy, ADTR, BFMV and KSE, Black Sabbath and some others I can't remember. Staying over for them all so gimme a shout and we can talk bollox.

I'll give you a shout

Things are looking good for Download with SOAD being announced for all of these June Euro fests.

Could this finally be the year that Download gets Rancid, too? They'd make a phenomenal second stage headliner. Or would they be more inclined to play Reading if they're going to do a UK festival? They haven't played a show over here at all in four years and on the That's Not Metal podcast, they said that the last UK festival Rancid played was Reading in something like 1999 or 2000? It's been a bloody long time.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It was.

Announcements expected from Rock in Vienna and Rock am Ring today too. Vienna should at least bring someone new to the mix as it will differ to Nova Rock.

Never mind about this. Die Toten Hosen for both.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Things are looking good for Download with SOAD being announced for all of these June Euro fests.

Could this finally be the year that Download gets Rancid, too? They'd make a phenomenal second stage headliner. Or would they be more inclined to play Reading if they're going to do a UK festival? They haven't played a show over here at all in four years and on the That's Not Metal podcast, they said that the last UK festival Rancid played was Reading in something like 1999 or 2000? It's been a bloody long time.

I think things were already looking good for Download when they announced they were playing the other two Download festivals. :P

And yeah if any year they get Rancid it must be this year. They might have last played Reading but Reading pre-Download isn't the same as the one now.

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Rancid could always get snapped up by BST if Green Day want them to support.

10 minutes ago, coreyt409 said:

So we're scrapping the Metallica idea and going with SOAD, Avenged and Blink then?

I'd imagine we can expect some Blink dates soon considering they've just finished their US tour?

blink have pretty much never been in contention since someone who gets a lot of Birmingham tours right said that blink are touring the UK in July. This has been pointed out on here a lot so don't get why people are still expecting or hoping for them at DL or R/L.

31 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Queens of the Stone Age? Their album looks like it'll be recorded by the end of the year. Although a year with both Queens and System headlining is probably too good to be true.

Nah I think they were hoping to start recording by the end of the year so it'll be a bit longer. Fairly safe bet to headline Download 2018 though.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Are you joking?, do you know how weak that would look if they have A7X as well?

A band in Queens who could have new material, fresh from smashing both their Other Stage slot and killing their R&L co-headline slot. Got enough popular tracks, Go With The Flow / No One Knows / Little Sister etc, to hold over a neutral crowd, and a dedicated group of hard-core fans who'd lap up the rest. Would be a new headliner for Download too. 

Then you've got a massively in-demand headliner in System, who'll be all over Europe next summer, but will still be a massive draw for a lot of people. A strong booking in any year. 

Avenged Sevenfold another decent headliner. Their arena dates are selling okay as of right now? New material too, so justifies their re-booking in that sense. I tend to not get too hung up on them playing twice in four years, you've got R&L booking blink-182 twice in five years, and T booking Calvin Harris twice in three.

Add some decent subs / thirds and you're laffin:

Queens of the Stone Age / Alter Bridge / The Offspring
System of a Down / Misfits / Stone Sour
Avenged Sevenfold / Prophets of Rage / Limp Bizkit

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Nah I think they were hoping to start recording by the end of the year so it'll be a bit longer. Fairly safe bet to headline Download 2018 though.

Could indeed be longer, last I heard the were 'locked in' and the press described it over the summer, so it could go either way. A few singles to get the ball rolling before June could be enough. Although having said that they've all got other current projects too so 2018 is probably a safer bet. 

Edited by JSmurphy

I assumed these new ideas were ones to replace A7x in the mix rather than Aerosmith. There's gonna be a classic headliner even if they have to bring one of last year's back.

Had Copping ever said any more about Biffy Clyro? I know if he didn't think they were ready two years ago, nothing since will have changed that but for a popular Saturday headliner they could do worse. Linkin Park also seems a better shout than A7x as they're at least rumoured to be around Europe in June.