Download 2017

Hart Attack

1 hour ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Surely they won't have two headliners from 2014, a year after having two headliners from 2013? Just seems mental they can keep having repeat bookings from a few years before except this time it's an extra £20/25.

Perhaps. I don't personally think they'd care that much but I get what you mean.

I mean, there isn't really anything suggesting A7X at this point so you could chuck them out. It's a reasonable guess but they've not been included in any of these leaked/announced festivals recently (still early of course) and the A7X-Metallica-Blink rumour has been thrown out.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Blink would be a nice change, I think it would go down pretty well with the Download crowd too, so long as there's a strong alternative on the second stage.

I get the whole thing about repeating bookings but they know what sells tickets and that's what it's all about at the end of the day.

The selection pool is also a lot narrower than other festivals so headliners are a lot more limited, something new would be great though!

16 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I think that is a very strong set of headliners too. One of the iconic names in Rock over the last 40 years playing their final tour, one of the biggest names in the current Metal world coming back with a new album and one of the most popular Metal bands of the past 20 years coming back to play only their fifth show in 11/12 years. 

It's most likely looking more so them 3, but you can believe it's very strong as much as wanted but bar SOAD it's just a repeated set a few years later like last year, it's a bit embarrassing tbh. 

Even T and Van never got that bad with repeats.

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Even T and Van never got that bad with repeats.

Don't be silly. 3 times in 8 years for Aerosmith. 2 in 4 years for A7x. (if it is those) Calvin Harris has played more times than both those together in the same time period.

6 minutes ago, devilman said:

Don't be silly. 3 times in 8 years for Aerosmith. 2 in 4 years for A7x. (if it is those) Calvin Harris has played more times than both those together in the same time period.

Oh fuck off devil twat, CH didn't return as a headliner with a headliner from that same year did he. 

2013...Rammstein and Maiden...2016..

2014....Aerosmith and A7X....2017..

Crawl back up Coppings arsehole!

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Oh fuck off devil twat, CH didn't return as a headliner with a headliner from that same year did he. 

2013...Rammstein and Maiden...2016..

2014....Aerosmith and A7X....2017..

Crawl back up Coppings arsehole!

Why so angry silly boy? Both Kasabian and CH have been repeated after only one year away. Kasabian have headlined T 3 times in 5 years. Download's headliner pool isn't as bad as that yet. 

Friday:

Main: SoaD, Alter Bridge, Royal Blood, Mastodon, Slaves (UK), Marmozets, Giraffe Tongue Orchestra, Black Peaks.

Second: Bullet For My Valentine, Papa Roach, Refused.

Saturday:

Main: Avenged Sevenfold, Steel Panther, Stone Sour, Lamb Of God, Anthrax, Crossfaith, Cancer Bats, Hacktivist.

Second: Slayer, Sepultura, Sleeping With Sirens.

Sunday:

Main: Metallica, Misfits, The Offspring, Parkway Drive, Architects, New Found Glory, Young Guns, Creeper.

Second: Limp Bizkit, Trivium, Pierce The Veil.

26 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Friday:

Main: SoaD, Alter Bridge, Royal Blood, Mastodon, Slaves (UK), Marmozets, Giraffe Tongue Orchestra, Black Peaks.

Second: Bullet For My Valentine, Papa Roach, Refused.

Saturday:

Main: Avenged Sevenfold, Steel Panther, Stone Sour, Lamb Of God, Anthrax, Crossfaith, Cancer Bats, Hacktivist.

Second: Slayer, Sepultura, Sleeping With Sirens.

Sunday:

Main: Metallica, Misfits, The Offspring, Parkway Drive, Architects, New Found Glory, Young Guns, Creeper.

Second: Limp Bizkit, Trivium, Pierce The Veil.

Yeah I'd probably get a day ticket for SOAD, Marmozets, Papa Roach and Refused.

Nor me after that.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Download Paris on the 10th so SOAD looking pretty damn likely for the Friday or Sunday then

Friday I'd imagine. Then they've just got Donington and Paris back to back rather than Paris-Donington-Prague. Oldie (Aerosmith) for Sunday then whoever for Saturday. Maybe someone big.

Edited by dentalplan