Download 2017

Hart Attack

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No it's not. Sonisphere never branched out for any pop punk headliner. A metal festival that regularly fails to run is not gonna turn round and book blink 182 - a band most of their demographic would turn their nose up at anyway.  Sonispheres in no danger of going ahead. Nobody at Festival Republic is thinking "oh fuck guys we've got to book blink, what if Sonisphere gets them?!" 

50 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

No it's not. Sonisphere never branched out for any pop punk headliner. A metal festival that regularly fails to run is not gonna turn round and book blink 182 - a band most of their demographic would turn their nose up at anyway.  Sonispheres in no danger of going ahead. Nobody at Festival Republic is thinking "oh fuck guys we've got to book blink, what if Sonisphere gets them?!" 

They booked The Prodigy and Biffy Clyro, did you see some of their under card bookings?, it wasn't a metal fest, simply a rock fest.

So the original Misfits play the first of their Riot Fest dates later today. If things go well with both shows and they continue to tour, can we realistically see them at Download 2017? Assuming they do play, where would they play? I could see them being 'very special guests' to a headliner or second stage headliners. I'd love to see them sub Metallica. I'm sure their fee would be astronomical, though. 

Edited by Andre91

Thought I would have a go at a prediction:

Avenged Sevenfold
Marilyn Manson
Stone Sour
Volbeat
The Devin Townsend Project
Motionless in White
Every Time I Die

Nine Inch Nails
Twenty One Pilots

Metallica
Alter Bridge
Opeth
Of Mice & Men
Papa Roach
Seether
Marmozets
Arcane Roots

Parkway Drive
Asking Alexandria

Blink 182
Steel Panther
Bullet For My Valentine
Rise Against
The Pretty Reckless
Crossfaith
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Kvelertak

Alice in Chains
Mastodon

NIN too big for second stage imo. if they play it'd be as a main stage sub, but i just don't see them playing - newer stuff doesn't lend itself well to a metal festival (although who knows what direction the new album will go in)

reckon Bullet would still sub as well. may not be at their peak but still more successful over here than most other metal acts

also replace Blink with Green Day. Blink returning to R/L is so ridiculous that it'll probably happen

15 minutes ago, foolee said:

Think it'll be

A7X - Green Day - Metallica

Yeah this seems to be the shout at the moment. Can still very much see SOAD in place of A7X but just a hunch.

14 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Well it doesn't take a genius to realize that Blink aren't playing now that they're touring the UK in July

Are they? That'd nix a R+L slot if true.

32 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah this seems to be the shout at the moment. Can still very much see SOAD in place of A7X but just a hunch.

Are they? That'd nix a R+L slot if true.

Yeah there are dates reserved at one of the B'ham arenas for early July so looks as if they're not doing any fests this year.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Blink at R/L again would've been ridiculous so, as hilarious as it would've been when it got announced, it's nice to see that FR probably haven't gotten that desperate yet 

We'll just point out that, it's no worse choosing people who shouldn't be there than a repeat who is big enough either. But we'll see what comes.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Why so? I'd say Metallica are the most obvious one out of the bunch. Would be genuinely shocked if they're not one of the headliners

It depends on when they tour? Say if they want to do a stadium tour in the summer why would they do Download also?

14 minutes ago, KingPin said:

It depends on when they tour? Say if they want to do a stadium tour in the summer why would they do Download also?

I just can't see them not doing Download. They love it, they've a new album to promote and they haven't played in a few years. I imagine the stadium tour will be later like in 2008 when they headlined R/L - play Download, announce stadium dates immediately afterwards