Download 2017

Hart Attack

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw Green Day at Reading in 2013, which was obviously the same show as they would have done at leeds, and I thought it was a really strong performance personally, it was a really 'nostalgic' type of show for me, they played for almost 3 hours, interracted with the crowd loads and I didn't find it boring at all.  I really enjoyed that gig and I'd be more than happy to see them play download.

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Looks like a day at Sonisphere with Green Day headlining. Download wishes it could/should strive to have a day that good

This is spot on, I have never seen Download book as strong a day as that lol, some stronger bands on a day but overall not as strong. The thing for with Green Day is when you have seen them once you get the gist, much better indoor than outdoors mind and that trio of albums they did just puts me off. I actually think I'd much prefer it if Blink were topping that day instead of Green Day, I'd probably grab a ticket in fact.

Like Gazza has said, the problem with Green Day is once you've seen them, you don't really need to see them again. They were the first ever band I saw when I was 16 in 2009, and the show I saw at Leeds 2013 (minus the Dookie section) really wasn't too dissimilar at all. They're good at what they do, but what they do doesn't change much at all. At least they'd be a fresh headliner for Download, though. 

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Like Gazza has said, the problem with Green Day is once you've seen them, you don't really need to see them again. 

They're good at what they do, but what they do doesn't change much at all. At least they'd be a fresh headliner for Download, though. 

Yeahh I can see where you're coming from thinking about it, would be a nice change though, fresh headliner as you said.

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Like Gazza has said, the problem with Green Day is once you've seen them, you don't really need to see them again. They were the first ever band I saw when I was 16 in 2009, and the show I saw at Leeds 2013 (minus the Dookie section) really wasn't too dissimilar at all. They're good at what they do, but what they do doesn't change much at all. At least they'd be a fresh headliner for Download, though. 

Tbf Green Day might well have been the difference between me attending 2013 for that day and not, at £60 I'd have thought watch SOAD, end of Alkaline Trio and maybe CHVRCHES but £90/100 I need to want to see the headliner going that far too.

2 minutes ago, coreyt409 said:

Also would Biffy be anything worth mentioning or are they not so cut out for Download?

Didn't go in 2012 so didn't see how well they went down with subbing for Metallica.

Setlist was good, show not so good and looking out of their comfort zone etc. I like Biffy but wish I'd have seen Corey Acoustic set instead.

16 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Oh that's pretty cool, then. Green Day would be a great booking for Download. Alongside Metallica and A7X that would be a really awesome set of headliners. A lighter/pop punk ire day for Green Day would sell by the bucketload too, I think. 

The only thing wrong with this is at least 1 headliner is wrong.

16 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Green Day / Weezer / Jimmy Eat World / Papa Roach / Coheed and Cambria / Against Me! / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Creeper 

Of Mice & Men / Asking Alexandria / While She Sleeps 

The Dillinger Escape Plan / Baroness 

Avenged Sevenfold / Five Finger Death Punch / Lamb Of God / Architects / Gojira / Cancer Bats / Crossfaith / Sepultura / Cane Hill 

Within Temptation / Opeth / Social Distortion 

letlive. / Every Time I Die 

Metallica / Misfits (very special guests) / Volbeat / Ghost / Airbourne / Anthrax / Kvelertak / Turbowolf 

Panic! at the Disco / Pierce The Veil / Issues 

Mayhem / Satyricon

Some pretty obvious bookings missing from here.

15 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Biffy not that likely as Copping is still hung up on their lackluster sub slot last time they did Download. 

it was still better than Tenacious D mind you, they were shite! Very much though a seen therm at Reading in 08 and no need again. The gimmicks weren't as good and quickly wore off.

30 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Anybody new with a look in as headliner or are we still going with Metallica, A7X and GnR (Potentially Blink/Green Day if they can't nail one of those down?)

GNR won't be there. Green Day possibly doing a Muse and trying something new but could quite easily be Download France and IOW

47 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

And Metallica? 

A7X for R&L :ninja: 

The problem is with A7X having 2 dates at The 02 now, at £55 a ticket they won't be subbing, but heading R&L...I doubt it. A7X, Blink again and Kasabian would look poor. If they have Blink again I feel that is to take another option from Soni.....this is half the decision making I reckon, nut it's from Crowe lol so bull.

Edited by thewayiam

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

The problem is with A7X having 2 dates at The 02 now, at £55 a ticket they won't be subbing, but heading R&L...I doubt it. A7X, Blink again and Kasabian would look poor. If they have Blink again I feel that is to take another option from Soni.....this is half the decision making I reckon, nut it's from Crowe lol so bull.

A7X aren't headlining R/L.

Blink & Prophets of Rage so far for R/L is what I heard.

4 hours ago, coreyt409 said:

I can't really see A7X fitting in with recent R&L crowd though, that festival is making a serious change in the acts they book

They won't, Copping has said they would return as headliners and after Lucky saying that SOAD only just saved themselves after they accepted subbing, I doubt he'll allow for it again with A7X tour coming up. Apart from this the band is £55 to see standing. I don't like them but they are headlining. I can see the POR shout for a sub, again not bothered.