Download 2017

Hart Attack

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not that I believe it's any more than a guess but I think Black_Crow's shout of A7X, SOAD and Aerosmith on the last page was actually a good one. I think it'd be Metallica in place of Aerosmith but I wouldn't be surprised by them returning for one last time; they do seem to be setting up for a final tour next year. I would bank on SOAD headlining though - their album must be out by then if they were playing with the idea of touring this summer.

Just a recap -

Download - SOAD - A7X - Aerosmith

Reading/Leeds - Blink 182 - Prophets of Rage - ???

IOW - ??? - ??? - Green Day

Glastonbury - Radiohead - Foo Fighters - ??? - I've heard Ed Sheeran as well, but not sure whether he is headlining or not.

Edited by Black_Crow

27 minutes ago, Black_Crow said:

Just a recap -

Glastonbury - Radiohead - Foo Fighters - ??? - I've heard Ed Sheeran as well, but not sure whether he is headlining or not.

nice 1 thx

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

nice 1 thx

What I love is he's not sure if Ed is headlining or not lol and Prophets of Rage to headline.

On a serious note though, I can see IOW grabbing Green Day and Andy chucking money at SOAD to do it again if Blink chose Reading again. I have no doubts about Metallica being a Download header though.

2 hours ago, Black_Crow said:

Just a recap -

Prophets of Rage to headline? Really? 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Prophets of Rage to headline? Really? 

Tbh I could totally see FR attempting to pass them off as a headliner at either Download or R+L because there's no precedent and they'll probably headline in Europe. Weren't Download gonna have Them Crooked Vultures headline if they couldn't nail down AC/DC? Ultimately I don't think they'll headline anywhere and be a special guest sub kinda thing at Download.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Tbh I could totally see FR attempting to pass them off as a headliner at either Download or R+L because there's no precedent and they'll probably headline in Europe. Weren't Download gonna have Them Crooked Vultures headline if they couldn't nail down AC/DC? Ultimately I don't think they'll headline anywhere and be a special guest sub kinda thing at Download.

True, especially if it's a UK exclusive. I could see them subbing at R&L as special guests, like you said. Subbing Blink would actually be pretty decent, I think. Although, I fully expect ADTR to sub Blink if they headline R&L again next year. 

Prophets of Rage is cool and that, but you know, it isn't Rage, is it. 

*Subbing Blink-182 w/ Matt Skiba. It isn't Blink, is it? :P

Nah but Rage aren't around anymore man. So to have three of the band - all incredible musicians - joining up with another icon of political music (and also the guy from Cypress Hill) to make new music and try to send out a message like they used to seems a lot more deserving of a top billing than Rage reuniting once again to do nothing of worth other than satisfy nostalgia. I'm sure Rage fans will have tons of fun watching them anyway if they don't go into it begrudging them for Zach's choice not to join.

Seen reports that Guns N Roses have been booked. Obviously it's just a supposed leak but i certainly think it's very possible.

Guns N Roses / Metallica / Avenged Sevenfold?

Could be that Blink are now doing Reading like someone said in the R+L forum because Download managed to get GnR.

Edited by Gozpot

There was that inside source that Loaded had that said they're doing Download and IOW in 2017 also. Doesn't really make a lot of sense to me - a) the two fests sharing and b) them not just doing stadiums in Europe like they have been doing elsewhere - but ehh maybe.

Edited by dentalplan

New Metallica album confirmed for November. 'Hardwired... To Self Destruct'. New single out tonight too, 'Hardwired' which is bangin'. Really impressed by the song itself. Early days yet but if the rest of the album is up to that standard then it will be a real return to form. 

Headliners next year for sure, then? 

9 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

New Metallica album confirmed for November. 'Hardwired... To Self Destruct'. New single out tonight too, 'Hardwired' which is bangin'. Really impressed by the song itself. Early days yet but if the rest of the album is up to that standard then it will be a real return to form. 

Headliners next year for sure, then? 

well that's a nice surprise. yeah really enjoying this - hope the rest of the album is as thrashy. 100% gotta be a headliner for next year - you'd be a fool to bet against it

Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica and Guns 'N Roses seems a good bet at this point then if the GnR info coming through is correct

1 hour ago, Black_Crow said:

I haven't heard anything regarding Metallica, but it wouldn't surprise me if they end up at a returning Sonisphere alongside Slipknot.

You know nothing. Corey Taylor confirmed at his solo set that he will be recording with Stone Sour in the winter then touring then in the early Summer with Europe being first, pretty much confirming Stone Sour for Download or atleast that is the plan.