Self Confirmed 2016

JoeyT

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

Not a self confirmation but Catfish and the Bottleman announced an album for late May. Pretty much nailed on for WH headliner or somewhere on The Other I would say. 

C&TB on West Holts?

Surely not?!

I know WH has a broader booking brief than in previous years, but surely C&TB are JPT, Other or, were they to become more mainstream popular, Pyramid?

Ben

1 minute ago, Honeybane said:

Not a self confirmation but Catfish and the Bottleman announced an album for late May. Pretty much nailed on for WH headliner or somewhere on The Other I would say. 

I know the West Holts bookers don't always stick to what's considered the stage's normal range of musical styles when it comes to headliners but this won't be happening.

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

C&TB on West Holts?

Surely not?!

I know WH has a broader booking brief than in previous years, but surely C&TB are JPT, Other or, were they to become more mainstream popular, Pyramid?

Ben

someone once said that Noel Gallagher would be a perfect fit for West Holts. I don't think that one will ever be bettered.

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

C&TB on West Holts?

Surely not?!

Ben

All of the above really. I am certain they will play, probably draw a fairly big crowd too. I really like them live. 

Just now, Honeybane said:

Open Q to everyone not jus Neil, why couldn't they play WH? 

not saying I'm so set on certaincy with regards to them doing WH imperticular, but I've seen someone on here in another thread say it too. What is the main audience for WH? 

With all the confirmed and self confirmed, how do people think the line up is looking compared to last year?

For me personally I could not really ask for more with New Order, James, St Etienne and Stereo MC's. Last year I was only really bothered about Hot Chip.

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

With all the confirmed and self confirmed, how do people think the line up is looking compared to last year?

For me personally I could not really ask for more with New Order, James, St Etienne and Stereo MC's. Last year I was only really bothered about Hot Chip.

If you factor in the SRs like Chvrches, TLSP, LCD, Savages, Wolf Alice, and Radiohead alongside PJ Harvey,  New Order, James and Foals, for me it's massively stronger than last year. 

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

If you factor in the SRs like Chvrches, TLSP, LCD, Savages, Wolf Alice, and Radiohead alongside PJ Harvey,  New Order, James and Foals, for me it's massively stronger than last year. 

I am looking for some recommendations as well. Are Wolf Alice any cop? I thought it was indie landfill. 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Thought I think it might be time to turn the scrutiny on This Year's Catfish.

Who's in the frame? Blossoms? The Sherlocks?

The latter are pretty bad, but there's no grim merch table signs or anything and I don't think we're done with Catfish yet. Ain't broke etc.

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I am looking for some recommendations as well. Are Wolf Alice any cop? I thought it was indie landfill. 

I've seen them live three times now (once at the Park, twice in Glasgow), they've been excellent every time. The album is good but they're definitely better live than they are on record. Would recommend getting along to see them this year if you can.

And as a bit of shameless self promotion you can also read the review I did of their recent Barrowlands gig here http://secondcitycitizen.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/wolf-alice-glasgow-barrowlands.html?m=1 :)

Just now, dentalplan said:

The latter are pretty bad, but there's no grim merch table signs or anything and I don't think we're done with Catfish yet. Ain't broke etc.

Batpoop and the bumfluffers have a new album, we may be fortunate enough to have them back on the farm again.