Self Confirmed 2016

JoeyT

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, mattyc1965 said:

Does winning the BBC Sound of 2016 pretty much mean Jack Garratt will be there - probably on the John Peel?

Think most of the people on the BBC sound of 2016 long list will be there. One of my mates who went to school the same school as Billie Marten said she's doing glastonbury this year.

Could this be counted?

Eagle-eyed fans attending a show at Amsterdam's Heineken Music Hall noticed a slip on the venues website. 

The site read: "ZZ Top comes in June and July 2016 for 20 concerts which are all part of their new roadshow to Europe. The Hell Raisers Tour kicks off in Birmingham to travel further then to the renowned Glastonbury Festival in Pilton". 

It's sinced been removed, although it leads to a strong suggestion that the Texan rock band, who had hits with songs like 'Sharp Dressed Man', will appear at Glastonbury for Michael Eavis' final year.

Which slot would they play does anyone think?

Just now, Chris Lfc said:

Could this be counted?

Eagle-eyed fans attending a show at Amsterdam's Heineken Music Hall noticed a slip on the venues website. 

The site read: "ZZ Top comes in June and July 2016 for 20 concerts which are all part of their new roadshow to Europe. The Hell Raisers Tour kicks off in Birmingham to travel further then to the renowned Glastonbury Festival in Pilton". 

It's sinced been removed, although it leads to a strong suggestion that the Texan rock band, who had hits with songs like 'Sharp Dressed Man', will appear at Glastonbury for Michael Eavis' final year.

got an entire thread for this already buddy. third/fourth Pyramid is the best bet

48 minutes ago, Chris Lfc said:

Could this be counted?

it'd always edifying to know the news stories I write aren't even read by eFestivals users:

2 days old - and the last next story listed top right of this very page ------->

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/16/160106c.shtml

....nice to see others copying the story, after the site for the venue took it down

Edited by 5co77ie

53 minutes ago, Chris Lfc said:

Could this be counted?

Final year?  I thought that was 2020 or thereabouts?

Just now, 5co77ie said:

it'd always edifying to know the news stories I write aren't even read by eFestivals users:

2 days old - and the last next story listed top right of this very page ------->

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/16/160106c.shtml

....nice to see others copying the story, after the site for the venue took it down

I didn't read that story because only the forums themselves work on my phone (not the sidebars) so i just posted what i found on google pretty much. I normally check that stuff when I'm at home since i have the main efestivals page bookmarked (not the forums)

Saw my first ever Artist before the festival opened last year - Hattie Hatstart on the Tuesday night in the Avalon Bar. Having a wander round after checking in with Oxfam. That first paid for beer tasted fantastic. 

EDIT : Just realised that this has got nothing to do with this thread. However back on thread regarding Biggles. Jolly Jock has had his operation before Christmas and was recovering well so maybe they will be able to perform again.

Edited by stutheblue

23 minutes ago, stutheblue said:

EDIT : Just realised that this has got nothing to do with this thread. However back on thread regarding Biggles. Jolly Jock has had his operation before Christmas and was recovering well so maybe they will be able to perform again.

Good news.

4 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

I take it you mean 2011? In which case they were definitely there but it wasn't full band. It was Dub Pistols Soundsystem (Barry Ashworth & Rodney P), they played on Cubehenge.

so do i rumour the personnel or the band - pretty sure they were also not there as a full band another year as well

2 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

so do i rumour the personnel or the band - pretty sure they were also not there as a full band another year as well

I've seen them in some form every year since I've been going (only since 2009). But they've been about for nearly 20 years now, so it's likely they may have been absent before that.