2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

5 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Hehe! Brilliant!

All which begs the question:

Do you actively manage your pissedness at Glastonbury then?

I've learned to. My avatar / profile pic being my nadir. But that was Stag Do Glastonbury. 

I seem to have crazy levels of centurion endurance at Glastonbury, so I never get drunk. I think it's because I drink a lot, but it's spaced over a day, I maintain at the magic spot from about 6pm to when it's time to sleep (Scruff's going to be along in a minute to turn that into something sordid), which is something akin to the level around 3/4 drinks in the real world. That footage was actually from a night when I bragged I'd be the most sober one because of all my festival tolerance I'd built up, then necked about a whole Glastonbury day's worth of rum in the space of 3 hours. Festivals are magic though, don't feel anything even resembling a hangover up until I get home, always wake up more chipper than any other time on a Glastonbury morning.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Someone give me an album to listen to please. Just finished listening to all of Maccabees back catalogue after yesterdays announcement and am a bit stuck now.

Something like Car Seat Headrest would be fantastic - That was a great find last week.

Not too familiar w Car Seat Headrest, but I get the impression from people that know him he's a bit like Alex G (DSU is my favourite of his, think a lot of stuff is on bandcamp if not Spotify)

4 hours ago, mjsell said:

Someone give me an album to listen to please. Just finished listening to all of Maccabees back catalogue after yesterdays announcement and am a bit stuck now.

Something like Car Seat Headrest would be fantastic - That was a great find last week.

Not incredibly similar but the new Wedding Present album is a belter 

4 hours ago, mjsell said:

Do you know The Hotelier? They are a bit like Car Seat Headrest. Goodness is a great album from them, came out this year.

6 hours ago, mjsell said:

Tried Public Access TV yet?

On 12/6/2016 at 0:19 PM, mjsell said:

Stand out albums for me from this year ;

Animal Collective - Painting With

A Tribe Called Quest - We got it from here, thank you for your service

Bon Iver - 22, A million

Crystal Castles - Amnesty

Explosions in the Sky - The Wilderness

Jagwar Ma - Every Now and Then

Jesu/Sun Kil Moon - Self Titled

King Buffalo - Orion

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Nonagon Infinity

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Skeleton Tree

Pixies - Head Carrier

Porches - Pool

Slaves - Take Control

Sleaford Mods - Key Markets

The Temperance Movement - White Bear

Yorkston/Thorne/Khan - Everything Sacred

So yeah, If there are any there you have yet to listen to those would be my recommendations for this years stuff.

..Currently listening to the Deadmau5 album, which I am enjoying. Only 2 tracks in though.