King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Nonagon Infinity

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Skeleton Tree

Pixies - Head Carrier

Porches - Pool

Slaves - Take Control

Sleaford Mods - Key Markets

The Temperance Movement - White Bear

Yorkston/Thorne/Khan - Everything Sacred

So yeah, If there are any there you have yet to listen to those would be my recommendations for this years stuff.

..Currently listening to the Deadmau5 album, which I am enjoying. Only 2 tracks in though.

Hate to be that guy, but Key Markets came out last year.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

What is James Blake-gate? 

Just an ongoing argument. I think he's great whereas @The Orgazoid thinks he is - and I quote - "a dullard". 

This is likely to reach boiling point given how good the Colour In Anything was and how high it's likely to be placed on my AOTY list. 

43 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Just an ongoing argument. I think he's great whereas @The Orgazoid thinks he is - and I quote - "a dullard". 

This is likely to reach boiling point given how good the Colour In Anything was and how high it's likely to be placed on my AOTY list. 

Ah I see.

Fwiw I'd go with a drippy dullard.

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I think you'd do it just to wind me up. Even if you thought the album was shite. 

9 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Ah I see.

Fwiw I'd go with a drippy dullard.

Used to think he was a drippy dullard, WH headline set proved me wrong, really enjoyed it. Then like a mug I went to see him at Green Man and nearly died of old age during that set. Jesus, Radio Silence and The Wilhelm Scream are good, but the rest of it slowed down time to an excruciating crawl.

27 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Used to think he was a drippy dullard, WH headline set proved me wrong, really enjoyed it. Then like a mug I went to see him at Green Man and nearly died of old age during that set. Jesus, Radio Silence and The Wilhelm Scream are good, but the rest of it slowed down time to an excruciating crawl.

When I'm Prime Minister, hearing Retrograde live will be made a mandatory educational experience. One of the most sublime moments of my life hearing that on the Park in 2014 while the sun set

Edited by Zac Quinn

22 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Justice live show tickets are on DICE. Brixton Academy on 29th September.

Are these completely out of the blue or did I miss them announce those shows earlier in the week?

i don't recall hearing anything about it. weird for them to be released so far in advance for just an academy show as well 

edit: just seen it announced - tickets on sale now are pre-sale. general sale on Monday

Edited by FloorFiller

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i don't recall hearing anything about it. weird for them to be released so far in advance for just an academy show as well 

Yeah that's exactly what I thought. I still got myself a ticket, but Im not happy about the wait. Although it is 3 days after my birthday so that has solved that problem 9 months in advance

Yeah is there normally this many gigs announced and sold so close to Christmas? my bank balance has taken a hit this week. 2 tickets for Maccabees and 1 for Justice. Didnt plan for those this month... 

People will be getting a pack of mistrels each for christmas as a result. Or a mini celebration (chococlate) each like from Gavin and Stacey. 

2 from Los Anjaleeze

Warbly Jets....played 2 dates this past weekend in NYC which I missed for choosing nights out christmas drinking w/ mates instead...

The Shelters - not sure if I've posted this lot before, but first time i heard this track i caught it at around the 2:30 in spot and it blew me away & perked my curiosity and so i caught these earlier this year at a famed little local venue here called the Mercury Lounge. discovered and produced by Tom Petty apparently and he took them on the road with them this year when he did his tour with his old band Mudcrutch

17 minutes ago, zero000 said:

God I hope so. Would be a great way to top off the year. Still holding out for that Other Stage headline slot, although their absence from every other lineup probably lays that to bed