Bring Me The Horizon

Greenelk

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, endswithMJ said:

Oh god, it's happening. 

If they headline the Other Stage, it will be the best thing to happen on there since QOTSA. 

Happy Song, at night, on that stage will be incredible. 

I'm guessing that if they headline they'll be doing it on the night Adele headlines.

That seems to make most sense if the other headliners are Muse & Coldplay.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Why would a practically extinct youth subculture be turning up at Glastonbury for one band? And why would you care?

it was a joke mate - I loathe BMTH with a fiery venom and most of their fans seem to be teenage scene kids who I used to call emo growing up

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I'm guessing that if they headline they'll be doing it on the night Adele headlines.

I reckon they'd make sense up against Coldplay as well, but yeah I'd guess against Adele.

Definitely wouldn't make sense opposite Muse.

15 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Why would a practically extinct youth subculture be turning up at Glastonbury for one band? And why would you care?

Are you not going to be busting out your black eyeliner then?

15 hours ago, eFestivals said:

That would be pretty shit for me personally, but they do seem if they do opposites to go to the other extreme.  I guess its better than Deadmau5 up against Kanye though

Ah well I am sure West Holts will deliver, (actually its the Park's year to deliver right? :P)

12 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

haha this thread is great. partly shows why I would never want to go to Glastonbury - full of utter helmets and cretins.

I'm interested to see what kind of festivals you seem to think have a better crowd than Glastonbury? 

BMTH are hardly a band universally known for being loved by the masses, they have a very distinct fan base, admittedly they are branching out now, but it's hardly the kind of music that's prevailent at Glastonbury, so you can't expect Glastonbury goers to go daft for it 

You have a very tainted, almost insulting opinion of Glastonbury goers, for someone who has never been to the farm and experienced the magic, I've been to festivals across the world and I've never been anywhere with an atmosphere or a community like Glastonbury 

Think before you speak, or post in this instance 

Edited by Mezhyp1

On 12/4/2015, 3:07:41, Mezhyp1 said:

I'm interested to see what kind of festivals you seem to think have a better crowd than Glastonbury? 

BMTH are hardly a band universally known for being loved by the masses, they have a very distinct fan base, admittedly they are branching out now, but it's hardly the kind of music that's prevailent at Glastonbury, so you can't expect Glastonbury goers to go daft for it 

You have a very tainted, almost insulting opinion of Glastonbury goers, for someone who has never been to the farm and experienced the magic, I've been to festivals across the world and I've never been anywhere with an atmosphere or a community like Glastonbury 

Think before you speak, or post in this instance 

What is it with people that go to Glastonbury crying if you criticize it or the people that go to it? Wasn't a totally serious post - more laughing at how sad some of the posts I saw were. I mean look at some of this crap - .

On 11/21/2015, 3:38:45, Mardy said:

I literally never heard of this shower till yesterday afternoon when someone mentioned them on this site. I googled an image. That was enough. I'm out. They say never judge a book by a cover, but I say, judge a band by the gormless fuckwits gazing at the camera like an undicovered tribe who've never seen electricity before. Lord alone knows what dreadful shite they produce when they're actually given instruments but I'm not foolish enough to attempt to find out.

bring-me-the-horizon-51682f412b52e.jpg

On 11/21/2015, 6:26:45, Rumblestripe said:

Second from the left has had his head shrunk in some bizarre scientific experiment and far right looks like he is desperately trying to grow stubble by concentrating really hard...

This is the "Never Mind The Buzzcocks" thread isn't it?

On 11/21/2015, 6:29:12, fatyeti24 said:

in that photo, the horizon really isn't that far away at all.  they could probably bring for themselves without too much bother.

On 11/21/2015, 6:34:38, mrf said:

How can you tell, that ramshackle fence might be hiding the very faraway horizon of doom!!!

On 11/21/2015, 6:38:33, Mardy said:

They look like they couldn't bring a piece of toilet paper to their own arses without help, let alone the horizon

On 11/21/2015, 7:30:19, LeeGalvin said:

YES! I couldn't agree more. You just know they each have their own 'w*nk sock'. I'm also out.

Just embarrassing posts - doesn't bother me that people don't like them but I mean come on, if you're gonna post some "banter" at least make it funny and not utterly cringeworthy. The R-Kelly reference for example was at least actually pretty funny.

2 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

What is it with people that go to Glastonbury crying if you criticize it or the people that go to it? Wasn't a totally serious post - more laughing at how sad some of the posts I saw were. I mean look at some of this crap - .

Just embarrassing posts - doesn't bother me that people don't like them but I mean come on, if you're gonna post some "banter" at least make it funny and not utterly cringeworthy. The R-Kelly reference for example was at least actually pretty funny.

Eh it's a few jokes. Jesus, lighten up.

5 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Awwww, I'm sorry mate. Why don't you write some trite lyrics about how nobody understands you, and sing it over some dogy nu-metal backing, mixed with a couple of attempts at three note electronica. Maybe with some children's chanting and an ironic title just to show, you know, how deep and that you are.

Meanwhile, we'll just sit here sniggering at the back. It keeps us happy.

As it goes, I think BMTH would be fucking great as an Other headliner. It's not my thing, but it's not about me, it's about the Other stage booking young, dynamic acts who are not (dread word), heritage acts. I mean, the fucking Pixies, in 2014. Really? it's like having Jimmy Pursey and Sham 69 on there in 1995. Get some fresh blood on there, only way the festival will flourish. There's nothing better than seing the Other Stage rammed and buzzing with people going mental for some music that I find baffling, scary and frankly, makes me want to run a mile. It's a fucking beautiful thing.

Edited by Mardy