Bring Me The Horizon

Greenelk

2 hours ago, Odessa said:

Maybe if they're not suited to the festival they shouldn't play it at all rather than be lower than they deserve. That's The Spirit has sold more copies in a shorter space of time than the last Paul Weller album, according to Wikipedia at least, and he sublined. You have to be reasonably mainstream to have a number 2 album and get played on Radio 1. Just saying if I was them I think I'd feel like a subline spot had been earned but I see where you two are coming from.

Other headline slots aren't really viewed as being smaller than Pyramid sub slots, though. They just tend to be more leftfield acts or acts that would be more suitable in the dark.

For instance it has been discussed whether the likes of Faithless, The Prodigy, Bon Iver, The National and LCD Soundsystem are more likely to be Other headliners or Pyramid subs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

It's always possible they'll blab something out, no doubt that insufferable moron Grimshaw will mention something 

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. If he's aware of the rumours I think he'd bring it up (unless he's been asked not to).

Jordan is the one who hinted about it on Twitter as well.

Even if they don't blab, it'll be nice to see how they react if it's brought up.

Ok so they're probably gonna headline the oher on friday. Does this make Muse more likely for the Saturday as they're the closest band to BMTH compared with Adele and Coldplay? Maybe Muse aren't playing? Maybe they'll sub Muse on the Pyramid? Who knows? Only time will tell

7 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Ok so they're probably gonna headline the oher on friday. Does this make Muse more likely for the Saturday as they're the closest band to BMTH compared with Adele and Coldplay? Maybe Muse aren't playing? Maybe they'll sub Muse on the Pyramid? Who knows? Only time will tell

i thought they were most likely for the Sunday (aka opposite Coldplay) due to their tour dates? putting them against Muse would be a very odd move. no way are they playing on the Pyramid

48 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

I hope they headline neither and they get a decent rock or metal band in if they are going to again have one `token` heavy act......can think of literally hundreds better and more deserving then this `topshop rock queens` metal band of cockwombles.wanting to book a metal band and bringing in bmtth is like wanting a dance act and bringing in dj sammy to play the fucking boys of summer haha.

name me one metal band who could realistically take a high (as n Other headliner) position at Glastonbury

5 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

Could again think of to many to list who have the stage presence and big show ezperience to pull off a storming set.....dont make the mistake of thinking a couple of tracks in the fucking charts make you a good live act

I haven't seen them live (and I probably never will) but I heard they were incredibly good live at reading so I don't think it's got to do with anything with just having tracks in the "fucking charts"

6 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

Could again think of to many to list who have the stage presence and big show ezperience to pull off a storming set.....dont make the mistake of thinking a couple of tracks in the fucking charts make you a good live act

They are a good live act but the discussion isn't so has the stage presence and the experience it's about who would be booked

4 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

avoiding the question because you know there are hardly any other big heavy acts who could take such a position. Nine Inch Nails is one that springs to mind but of course course they're not exactly 'metal' or even particularly heavy these days. apart from that, i'm out. they may not be a great metal band, but they're hugely popular and homegrown, making BMTH an ideal act if Glastonbury wants to give a heavier act a high position at the festival

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Depending on how you define 'realistic' (or - indeed - 'metal') then RATM and ACD/DC are both heavy heavy hitters.

RATM may have happened in the 90's but i very much doubt they were ever considered to be rebooked since they became headliners. AC/DC i guess but they've yet to play, plus i don't think the term 'metal' could ever be applied to them. about as metal as Muse

Just now, Hotchilidog said:

If AC/DC were ever to play (extremely unlikely) they'd be Pyramid, ideal for sunday night i reckon.

definitely a Saturday act - the Sunday Pyramid headliner these days seems to be reserved for the the most unthreatening headliner of the bunch that the locals will eat up 

4 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

Not avoiding the question mate just I don't have time to list all those who could be an answer to you, there are many many rock and metal bands the world over who play for audiences of that kind of size on a regular basis......your final statement is exactly my point bmtth aren't a good representative of `heavy acts`  there are far better bands who would put on far better shows.....bmtth is a      decent heavy act to the readers of kerrang maybe but thats about it haha.

Then just list a couple.

Regardless of whether these acts play to large audiences the world over, hardly any of them would draw a large crowd at Glastonbury. As shite as they are, BMTH are the perfect booking of a heavier band in a prominent slot.

To name a few heavier acts that would probably go down well at Glastonbury

Deftones (I'd love this to happen, they play reading festival every now and again)

Slipknot (Cannot deny they are the most commercially successful metal of the past 2 decades, everyone knows who they are and they put on a bloody good show)

Killing Joke (think along the lines of motorhead, similar size and audience)

Tool 

Faith no more

Jane's Addiction

Queens Of The Stone (Not quite metal, but are a heavy band, who have headlined before)

Even Limp bizkit could headline the other stage.