Who popped your Glastonbury cherry?

LeeGalvin

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the rabbit hole tent at the top of the Park (I don't think it's the 'proper' rabbit hole, I haven't made the effort to go in there, yet) on the Thursday last year, a singer songwriter bloke call James Riley. Pretty decent - hadn't heard of him but me any my mates wandered in there on our stroll around the site. Only saw him for half an hour or so, but my first big stage act was Blondie the next day so I'm definitely counting James Riley, Blondie were fucking dog-w*nk awful!

No idea leading up to the weekend but the friday of Glastonbury 2002 went ;

New Bands Tent - British Sea Power

Pyramid - The Dandy Warhols followed by Doves

Other - QOTSA (with Grohl on drums)

Pyramid - Ash followed by Faithless

Glade - Eat Static + other Warp Label artists

Then we carried on up to Stone Circle and stayed until sunrise.

A great day was had..

I have a vague recollection of it being Christy Moore on the Sunday 1984- we snuck in for the day - I think Fairport Convention and Linda Lewis followed according to the programme! 

First paying/camping - 1986 and the sound of The Waterboys wafting up from the stage as we pitched the tent next to the car. The rest is history as they say .. ( 18th Glastonbury next year:)!!!

I'm happy to say that as an old fart who has no knowledge of what's happening in the real world I have no idea what the statics sound like. 

Long may it stay that way, mate. They are the UFO obsessed techno offshoot of Ozric Tentacles. 

I'll just let the horror of that combination of words sink in

Long may it stay that way, mate. They are the UFO obsessed techno offshoot of Ozric Tentacles. 

I once had the pleasure of seeing both the Ozrics and Eat Static in the same weekend.  Sometimes drugs make us do some terrible, terrible things....I also saw Paul Weller.