Eminem for a headline slot anybody?

technokiduk

He has no problem with his bitch. The man's a feminist!

EDIT: I just went to Wikipedia, and apparently the song is about avoiding getting searched by sniffer dogs...So he's literally talking about a 'bitch', or so he claims.

2nd EDIT: The hook is lifted from this Ice-T song, which is less morally ambiguous, let's put it that way!

http://genius.com/Ice-t-99-problems-lyrics

I didn't realise his most famous lyric wasn't even his!

He can claim it about sniffer dogs all he wants, but the "if you are having girl problems" bit gave that away.

That claim reminds me of this claim... "Its a song about shoes"

https://youtu.be/-uSGtRoEQYA

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has no problem with his bitch. The man's a feminist!

EDIT: I just went to Wikipedia, and apparently the song is about avoiding getting searched by sniffer dogs...So he's literally talking about a 'bitch', or so he claims.

2nd EDIT: The hook is lifted from this Ice-T song, which is less morally ambiguous, let's put it that way!

http://genius.com/Ice-t-99-problems-lyrics

not that i have an extensive collection, but that Ice T track is probably the most misogynistic i've ever owned, but it's so ridiculous i cannot take it seriously.  that it was made with one of the guys from 2Live Crew explains a bit i suppose.

#TeamIce16

i think Eminem's continued, almost stubbornly so, use of such lyrics is what really grates on me about him. saying this kind of stuff as a twenty-something rising star in the early 00's (where nu-metal ran rampart with such shite) was, not forgivable, but somewhat tolerated, but this guy's 42 now and still raps about how he makes even the bitches he rapes cum. maybe i am a bit biased towards hip hop because the lyrics play such an integral part and so stuff like this is instantly more noticeable, but (back to the main point) i don't think there's a chance that he'd be allowed to ever top the Glastonbury bill (even if he did waver his ridiculous fees). it's not even like he could just not play some of his more controversial stuff, as it just happens to be his best material

I'm not really a fan of hip hop, and I've always thought that Eminem is a complete scrote.

I quite enjoyed Snoop Dogg in 2010 thogh, and fortunately my firstborn was too little to ask what "motherfucker" meant.

However, they don't come much more misogynistic that Snoop Dogg - he genuinely used to be a pimp. From wikipedia:

Snoop claimed in a 2006 interview with Rolling Stone magazine that unlike other hip hop artists who had superficially adopted the pimp persona, he was an actual professional pimp in 2003 and 2004, saying "That shit was my natural calling and once I got involved with it, it became fun. It was like shootin' layups for me. I was makin' 'em every time". He went on to say that upon the advice of some of the other pimps he knew, he eventually gave up pimping to spend more time with his family.

I know he didn't headline, but I don't remember the Eavii having to justify his appearance to anyone.

Maybe I've seen the wrong acts but I've come to the conclusion that apart from a select few, hip-hop doesn't translate very well live

A lot of it doesn't. However, as mentioned, Q Tip was great. As was Jurassic 5, De La Soul, Deltron 3030, Snoop...

I think the more laid back beats-focused hip hop translates much better love than the angry shouty styles of Eminem, Kanye et al.