LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

Just now, Bradders said:

I don't think they will. Fatboy Slim is a much bigger 'name' and a lot of people who aren't quite as into their music would definitely favour him.

Underworld are on Friday, Fatboy Slim is on Saturday. There can't be any comparison with slots they play since he asked to do JP. He plays every year as well, so he is easy to see. Underworld haven't been since the 90's (i think).

Just now, Alan_C said:

Underworld are on Friday, Fatboy Slim is on Saturday. There can't be any comparison with slots they play since he asked to do JP. He plays every year as well, so he is easy to see. Underworld haven't been since the 90's (i think).

Sorry I was answering Will and you posted in between. I know he asked and I'm not saying Underworld couldn't do WH, I think they probably will. I just meant in a straight fight most attendees would probably pick Fatboy over Underworld. I'm 26 and almost everyone I know would't know who Underworld are.

For the record, I'd like to see Underworld but having seen Fatboy (accidentally) three times I would never want to see him again.

19 hours ago, Alan_C said:

Plus Fatboy Slim specifically asked to play JP. Underworld are certianly big enough for WH. I think they will get a good size crowd.

Ahh didn't know he'd asked for JP actually. Agree Underworld are big enough for West Holts just seems odd to me having them playing two stages up from a pre billed Fatboy set but I guess I have my reasoning now. 

Seeing as this is an LCD thread I may as well ask here, could people see them ending up being Adele's sub? Can't see it myself but it would solve this whole '4 other stage headliners but only 3 slots' conundrum going on and make Friday night clashes less severe

i don't see why it couldn't happen. they're not particularly suited, but plenty of acts have subbed that are just as unsuitable for a Pyramid sub.

maybe they wanted a big slot given that they're headlining nearly everywhere else they're playing, and this is as close as they'll get without actually headlining.

Other headliner would still be far more suitable though, as would Disclosure being Pyramid subs rather than LCD.

2 hours ago, DGrant261 said:

Ahh didn't know he'd asked for JP actually. Agree Underworld are big enough for West Holts just seems odd to me having them playing two stages up from a pre billed Fatboy set but I guess I have my reasoning now. 

Seeing as this is an LCD thread I may as well ask here, could people see them ending up being Adele's sub? Can't see it myself but it would solve this whole '4 other stage headliners but only 3 slots' conundrum going on and make Friday night clashes less severe

West Holts is one stage up from JP in terms of size, but it isn't like fests like R&L where the stages are pretty much just defined by size (Main, NME, FR, I'm talking). The acts on then are dictated mainly by the genre. For example, last year I'm sure George Clinton could have headlined JP size-wise, but obviously he fits on WH genre-wise. With acts like Underworld who could fit into either it probably comes down to which stage bookers wanted them, and what other acts are lined up who could take similar slots.

55 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

West Holts is one stage up from JP in terms of size, but it isn't like fests like R&L where the stages are pretty much just defined by size (Main, NME, FR, I'm talking). The acts on then are dictated mainly by the genre. For example, last year I'm sure George Clinton could have headlined JP size-wise, but obviously he fits on WH genre-wise. With acts like Underworld who could fit into either it probably comes down to which stage bookers wanted them, and what other acts are lined up who could take similar slots.

This. I was so bloody glad Suede were on John Peel last year rather than earlier on the Other Stage. I'm not sure if it would make a difference to Underworld which stage they are on out of them two.

Nancy's tour gear, from a Facebook post

13096152_10154745390199338_8932651528954

I've just realised that the sides on the discs on The Long Goodbye are out of order, so like disc 1 has sides A and C, disc 2 has sides B and D, and it's like that across all 5 discs. I don't know if this is intentional or a balls up at the pressing plant, but seeing as there are 5 discs, and each one is contained within 3 fucking sleeves, it makes playing it in order very confusing and creates a mess. Maybe it is intentional, and I'm just too square to appreciate how avante garde this is.

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I've just realised that the sides on the discs on The Long Goodbye are out of order, so like disc 1 has sides A and C, disc 2 has sides B and D, and it's like that across all 5 discs. I don't know if this is intentional or a balls up at the pressing plant, but seeing as there are 5 discs, and each one is contained within 3 fucking sleeves, it makes playing it in order very confusing and creates a mess. Maybe it is intentional, and I'm just too square to appreciate how avante garde this is.

It's so that you can have A on one turntable and B on the other and play without stopping etc. If you have the means to I guess...

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I think it's done under the (incorrect) assumption that everyone has two decks that they can switch between like a DJ. Massively annoying when you're trying to listen in order and you're faffing about every 20 minutes with all the sleeves

3 hours ago, grayfitz said:

Does anyone know how much The Long Goodbye was when it was first released? For RSD?

~ £90

I paid £120 for it last month, but there's no fucking way I could have paid for it at the time it was released. I knew I was going to buy it eventually, then a mate paid me back roughly that amount he owed me from about a year ago. I'd sort of written that money off because he was properly on his arse and I didn't know if he'd be in a position to pay me back at any point in the foreseeable, so when he gave me it I decided to just go for it instead of dwelling on how much I needed it for other things. Worth it.

Problem with LCD Soundsystem is that they have too many damn hot songs! You really need a big long show like MSG to fit it all in, and even then there's no Beat Connection, Watch The Tapes, Great Release, Thrills, Disco Infiltrator, One Touch, Pow Pow or Yr City's A Sucker. Imagine if we get both Home and Dance Yrself Clean at Glastonbury though, both such incredible songs, I'm probably going to be in bits at the end anyway, but that pairing would take it to another level.

21 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Possibly the least sexy thing I've seen in my life.

I know nothing about anything - but from watching Shut Up and Play the Hits, bar playing the keyboard intro on Dance Yrself Clean (plus shouting 'Get innocuous' and her backing vocals), Nancy seems to do very little of the heavy lifting in the band! It all seems to be those three or so chaps standing behind her on keyboard duties!

1 hour ago, Johnkhutch said:

The Last Goodbye was, if I remember correctly, £75 on RSD. The most I'll ever pay for a record! I remember at the time asking about the sides and there was some slightly pretentious reason that I forgot!

I think I paid more than that for it from Rough Trade on the day. Took it home an d spent all afternoon listening to it in one go.

Edited by DJ Cull

1 hour ago, Johnkhutch said:

The Last Goodbye was, if I remember correctly, £75 on RSD. The most I'll ever pay for a record! I remember at the time asking about the sides and there was some slightly pretentious reason that I forgot!

I think I paid more for both the white then black Spiritualized 'Ladies & Gentlemen...' 12 CDs in 2 foil sealed pill box format.

My God, they're beautiful.

Just now, Woffy said:

I think I paid more for both the white then black Spiritualized 'Ladies & Gentlemen...' 12 CDs in 2 foil sealed pill box format.

Yeah, I bought that too. 

Im a sucker for a special edition lol. Obviously ordered the Radiohead special last night

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

ooh i remember looking at that at the time and not being able to afford it.  were they on 3 inch cds, one song each or something sexy like that?