LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Not looking forward to the crowd LCD get at TITP, like The War On Drugs last year (-500), it could be a serious embarrassment and sign how the festival is finished 

I have a mate at TITP going to see LCD who I would never have had down as a fan, so hopefully we'll be surprised and it'll be bigger than we're expecting. I hope the band aren't expecting anything similar to the Glastonbury crowd though.

3 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Not looking forward to the crowd LCD get at TITP, like The War On Drugs last year (-500), it could be a serious embarrassment and sign how the festival is finished 

Just posted in the headliner prediction thread but look at the size of the Roses crowd tonight. You can bet your left bollock they got the biggest crowd as well. The festival is fucked. LCD are fucked on Sunday.

On 02/07/2016 at 2:45 PM, Badlands said:

Chose EWF instead of these. Partly because I wanted to stay with my crowd, partly because I'd had a few dud reviews from the group who'd seen them before. 

I wish I hadn't read this thread now. EWF were tight enough and I had a good time but this sounds like it was on another level.

10 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

I get the impression from what's been said on here and what I've watched that it was difficult to go wrong on the Sunday night. Whatever you went to, you were going to miss other great sets but see something great yourself.

Yeah. No regrets from me. Enjoyed E,W&F more than previous LCD shows I've seen.  

C'est la guerre.

7 hours ago, Alan_C said:

Just posted in the headliner prediction thread but look at the size of the Roses crowd tonight. You can bet your left bollock they got the biggest crowd as well. The festival is fucked. LCD are fucked on Sunday.

To be fair, it probably started at full capacity. They'd just arrested half the crowd before the music actually started 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Even the guitar and drums didn't sound locked in. It's as if the further they get from Manchester, the more their powers fade!

From the little I've seen, it seems like it might have been a gig to forget. I doubt there was much of an atmosphere with that crowd either. I can't imagine it being an enjoyable experience for a Roses fan who has seen them in the past on a good day with a good crowd.

If that's the size of crowd they got, what chance do LCD have? They're up against RHCP as well, so a lot of people who might fancy a guitar band rather than EDM, will go and see them if it comes down to it. I think you're looking at a War On Drugs situation again. The worst thing about it is they probably won't be expecting it either.

18 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

I get the impression from what's been said on here and what I've watched that it was difficult to go wrong on the Sunday night. Whatever you went to, you were going to miss other great sets but see something great yourself.

Literally Coldplay and Jake Bugg headline stages that night.

Although, saying that, by the sounds of it nobody was at Jake Bugg anyway.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

I saw a review of The Buggster that said that the JPT was half empty and he came onstage telling the audience that he'd rather be watching Earth, Wind & Fire.

I'm not sure who was in a worse position, him or his crowd. Would you rather stand looking at Jake Bugg for an hour, or the faces of the sort of mutated losers who chose to watch Jake Bugg over the other bands who were on?

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Literally look at the setlist they played.

Yeah it's the opposite of Bugg but still both shite.

It's a Disneyland fireworks display, the setlist doesn't really matter.

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

It's a Disneyland fireworks display, the setlist doesn't really matter.

Chris Martin bouncing around on stage to some pretty lights/fireworks soundtracked by "para para paradise" isn't my idea of a good night at Glastonbury but each to their own.

I'd have enjoyed seeing them in 2011 but the stuff they play now is just rancid.

5 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Literally Coldplay and Jake Bugg headline stages that night.

Although, saying that, by the sounds of it nobody was at Jake Bugg anyway.

Strange post. Coldplay were superb (from TV footage and my mates who went).

My mistake trying to make a positive post about a night when the vast majority of Glastonbury got to see a good headliner. There's always one I suppose.

Edited by MEGABOWL