LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't get it. LCD Soundsystem are playing FFS, why would you be sat around your tent?

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

There's a large portion of the crowd that go to get out their minds at their tents rather than for the music. 

Can't they just mutually agree a time and place, go wild camping in the Highlands, and not pay the 200 quid or whatever TITP costs?

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't get it. LCD Soundsystem are playing FFS, why would you be sat around your tent?

The mass bulk of the crowd at TITP nowadays is 16/17 year old school kids in vast groups, who go to get fucked up and run a mock in the campsite, or go to the 'slam tent' (dance tent) and ruin what could be one of the best techno/electronic dance tents at any uk festival 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Also, tiny LCD crowd syndrome isn't unique to Strathallan. No one showed at Coachella either.

Tiny crowd syndrome also isn't unique to LCD. Every set I've seen footage/pics of except Catfish, Calvin Harris and thag R1 dance travesty on the Friday have been terribly quiet 

You could near count in one hand the people at John Grant/Jamie XX/Fun Lovin' Criminals to name a few 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

But yeah....giving TITP a shelf life of even 5 years feels over-generous.

Yep I'm not sure it'll even last that long, give them negative publicity with the robbery/deaths this year, it's going to face a lot of pressure to do something about it 

Cosnidering they were buy one get one free on weekend tickets, I'd definitely say it's days are numbered 

2 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Seen footage of a nasty old mass punch-up from one of the campsites on the internet this morning. Full on camping chair related violence. Awful scenes. 

Was there any Roses footage on the beeb??

if it's the same one i saw i'm pretty sure it happened within hours of the site opening. awful stuff

don't think any of the Roses was broadcast unless i'm mistaken?

6 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

TITP paid a lot of money to have LCD this year as well, Geoff Ellis made it clear it was one of their headline bookings when the announcement was made.

Shame that the festival isn't capable of respecting such quality anymore 

image.png

Genuinely depressing. Only two words to describe the crowd. (Not surprising though)

Edited by aidenlangan95

5 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

TITP paid a lot of money to have LCD this year as well, Geoff Ellis made it clear it was one of their headline bookings when the announcement was made.

Shame that the festival isn't capable of respecting such quality anymore 

image.png

fucking hell i knew they'd pull a small crowd but that's pathetic