LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

5 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Chris Martin bouncing around on stage to some pretty lights/fireworks soundtracked by "para para paradise" isn't my idea of a good night at Glastonbury but each to their own.

I'd have enjoyed seeing them in 2011 but the stuff they play now is just rancid.

Their 2011 set was touring the album that Paradise was from.

35 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Strange post. Coldplay were superb (from TV footage and my mates who went).

My mistake trying to make a positive post about a night when the vast majority of Glastonbury got to see a good headliner. There's always one I suppose.

Bloody hell it was a joke. Of course people will have enjoyed both sets.

I was nowhere near the pyramid for Coldplay on Sunday night - no interest whatsoever.. But I did watch them headline the pyramid in 2011 and my memory was that it was a good show. I tried to work out whether I had changed, or they had changed.. Then I found this video from 2011:

thats more like it

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Before Viva La Vida? Nonsense!

Politik

Shiver

Spies

Daylight

Trouble

One I Love

Don't Panic

Everything's Not Lost

See You Soon

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Yellow

The Scientist

Clocks

In My Place

Life Is For Living

That setlist would do me nicely. I might even consider going to see them then. I do like a few songs since then, but the first two albums are a cut above.

9 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

This is too much Coldplay in the lovely LCD thread now.

I think it may be the fault of those of us who got the wrist bands and brought them over to see LCD instead.

Watching it back on iPlayer again :) I hadn't realised how great the crowd was because I was quite close to the front. By the looks of things, people are properly going for it all the way to the back, no wonder the band were so happy. Getting flashbacks of being woken up on Sunday morning to the sound of them soundchecking, jumped out of my tent and danced around the campsite, singing and waking everybody up. Great day.

8 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Watching it back on iPlayer again :) I hadn't realised how great the crowd was because I was quite close to the front. By the looks of things, people are properly going for it all the way to the back, no wonder the band were so happy. Getting flashbacks of being woken up on Sunday morning to the sound of them soundchecking, jumped out of my tent and danced around the campsite, singing and waking everybody up. Great day.

Just finished NOS Alive and LCD at Glastonbury is still easily the best show I've seen in years. Maybe ever!

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Just finished NOS Alive and LCD at Glastonbury is still easily the best show I've seen in years. Maybe ever!

Where were you watching NOS? Would quite like to look at what Arcade Fire's current live show is like

EDIT: Just looking at the current setlist, doesn't look like Reflektor shows any more, loads from Suburbs and Neon Bible have made their way make in, but no Haiti, Joan Of Arc or Orpheus is criminal.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

Out of interest, who else is playing at the same time?

I skipped LCD at Glastonbury, but in my defence it's because there was a ridiculous multi-way clash and I chose EWF on the basis that it'd probably be my only chance to see them - does TITP have a similar excuse?

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think it's the Chilli Peppers.

I'd bet Diplo/Slam Tent will be reasonably busy 

From what I've heard from the site, most of the crowds have been in the campsite

TITP is dead, it'll be a thing of the past in 5 years