LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

27 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Followed. (Unless I'm looking at the wrong tweet)

Ah I didn't tweet it, I screenshotted it from iplayer on my iPad and posted it in a message in this thread. Someone then took it for Twitter :P

Edit; I did tweet it (first might I add) but it's not the one the indy used

Edited by Mezhyp1

11 hours ago, willutalk said:

I'm 18 and I see it in my friendship group. I'm probably the only one who in friendship/year group of about 100 strong at the festival would've contemplated seeing LCD, let alone seeing them. 

We need something to change, let's face it, the young need to dance, learn and appreciate  good music such as LCD Soundsystem.

Be like the boy! Be like the boy!

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

bigger than New Order's the night before though!

I was at both. New Orders crowd looked significantly bigger to me.  LCD crowd was a great atmosphere but probably the smallest Other headliner crowd I've in. Dwarfed the TITP one though. 

8 minutes ago, Badlands said:

New Order seemed a decent crowd. I couldn’t find my mates so was at the edges of the crowd and there were decent numbers all the way back to the fast food vans (though not densely packed). I’ve seen smaller crowds.

It was much bigger than LCD's. Don't know how anyone could argue against it.

Thinking back, LCD's was probably similar to the crowd for Primal Scream's Screamadelica set in 2011.

Granted it wasn't a massive crowd, but I couldn't just walk up to the stage like I could (mid-set) for Flaming Lips many years ago. Possibly because of my route in (met some mates at the disabled platform so were pretty central). I guess it might have been easier if we tried to enter from the side, but we were happy enough where we were. 

24 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I was at both. New Orders crowd looked significantly bigger to me.  LCD crowd was a great atmosphere but probably the smallest Other headliner crowd I've in. Dwarfed the TITP one though. 

I was in the exact same spot for both, midway back, between the sound desk/tv tower. there were loads of people behind me for LCD and not much room to move. for New Order is was pretty much empty behind us and roomy enough.

after about 6 songs of NO we moved to the back of the field where the path borders Oxlyers (where the ice-cream van was to meet friends) and it was hugely empty for easily half the field.

Edited by ghostdancer1

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I was in the exact same spot for both, midway back, between the sound desk/tv tower. there were loads of people behind me for LCD and not much room to move. for New Order is was pretty much empty behind us and roomy enough.

after about 6 songs of NO we moved to the back of the field where the path borders Oxlyers (where the ice-cream van was to meet friends) and it was hugely empty for easily half the field.

I can't comment on what it was like at the back, but there was definitely a massive difference in density. I arrived at both about 5 minutes before and got a good spot for them both, but I could have literally squeezed near the front for LCD, I couldn't move any further for NO. The comment about the density at LCD is definitely right, there was loads of space, people weren't up each others arses, there was gaps all over where people were walking freely to the front.

not in the middle, halfway back the field where we were, it was fairly packed.

these 2 photos give an idea of how little room there was back there for LCD:

rdiCGDk.jpg

gWC43gU.jpg

as I said, back there for New Order there was plenty of room, and when we stood at the back of the field, we could see that most of it was empty.