Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

12 minutes ago, ghfikjs said:

Don't know if its been discussed on here yet and don't want to trawl through all 136 pages to find out, but what are the odds of placebo playing? haven't in years, and are embarking on a tour later in year!

nah, 'later in the year' is the key part there. Maybe next year but probably not then either

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

How come Major Lazer are a rumor? I thought they were in America for the weekend

Someone has told me he knows they're playing, Caravan Palace too.

The tourdates for both acts aren't suggestive of it, tho both acts appear to be able to be back in Eurpoe (which they're both defo in in early July) with enough time to play Glasto.

The tourdates make be dubious of what i've been told - which is why they're both just rumours and nothing stronger - tho I think it's fair to say that because of their tourdates it would be an odd thing to have made up.

10 hours ago, Fabrizzo said:

that fest runs from the Thursday of Glasto to the Sunday.

So just as we all think Bring Me The Horizon are playing early at a fest on the other side of the pond and then flying over for Glasto, the same is possible here too.

It's an unusual thing for any band to do, but it's not an impossible thing for a band to do.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

wonder if Major Lazer could be subbing LCD Soundsystem as they are at TITP (if they're playing, of course)

Would it not make more sense for them to play the US festival first since they're over there the weekend before that and the play Glastonbury Saturday or Sunday, I'm guessing subbing BMTH?

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Would it not make more sense for them to play the US festival first since they're over there the weekend before that and the play Glastonbury Saturday or Sunday, I'm guessing subbing BMTH?

yeah just realised that. Sunday West Holts headliner (i'm sure people will be happy to hear...) or subbing BMTH then

18 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is there a new album?

They were great last time. Fond memories of your man out in the crowd ripping up the turf and smearing himself with earth.

Indeed. New album coming on 29th April. Mad live show. I believe they are on Lauren Laverne's show this morning for an interview.

Tour dates here too. Nothing up your way yet, think I'll try and make the Liverpool show.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I haven't checked, but you mean July, surely....?

Ahh yes you're right. Still, looking at their tour dates it looks likely.