Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

22 minutes ago, Cammers said:

I agree.

I predict that after Ultra, they may do a few scattered festivals in their live outift, possibly a UK exclusive somewhere and then follow it up with an album and UK tour at the end of this year / beginning of 2017. Then do the full festival circuit next summer.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for an Arcadia DJ Set though. El Hornet really knows his stuff when it comes to DnB.

I still think R&L will pick then up for a UK Exclusive.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

pity that doesn't come across in their music so.

Their new music, yes. Hold Your Colour is a decent album though.

Not been to a Pendulum DJ set since In Silico was released. Would be gutted if I went to Arcadia, only to be met with Immersion album material which was ironically very watercoloured.

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah wouldn't surprise me to see them subbing pretty much any of the current rumours going round for the third headliner. would be a huge ticket selling booking, regardless of who's headlining above them

Tbh, I don't even think you could be accused or suggesting they might headline themselves, they had just subbed Glasto in 2011 which wasn't a bump up or anything and if they had continued would have probably headlined by now. They do fit nicely under Muse and I could sell them using them maybe more as the ticket seller due to Muse' own dates, but please not Muse!, I'd slightly talked myself into maybe going if there was as much I wanted to see as last year.

On 01/02/2016 at 2:11 PM, Gnomicide said:

They've done it before so I don't see why not.

They strike me as an Avalon type band these days.

European tour dates announced today, ending on May 29 at the previously advertised Sound City show. Maybe this falls a little too early but it would be good. Most likely an early evening John Peel appearance

17 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

European tour dates announced today, ending on May 29 at the previously advertised Sound City show. Maybe this falls a little too early but it would be good. Most likely an early evening John Peel appearance

They did their Duran Duran schtick with the hits thrown in early at V Fest one year. I'd be there.

with regards to the Dandys, they've played prior to that 2002 gig as well, and were even featured on the 'extras' on the Julian Temple film saying Glastonbury was the best/unique festival. every year i have hope they're making a long overdue return, never more so than '14 when Brian Jonestown Massacre were playing and the Dandy's were playing gigs around UK/Ireland days before and after. I wonder if there are "issues" between the fest and them. if you recall, Courtney Taylor Taylor went off at end of the '02 pyramid set when their sound suddenly picked up some other soundcheck test going on. he was quite irked...wonder if something kicked off immediately after...far too long of a gap for them though. and these euro dates are a month too early, seems like it's another miss this year. 

1 hour ago, A Guy Called Matt said:

Tindersticks have  a new album out and are touring, last date so far announced is May but there are more to come soon.

And their new album is every kind of sumptuous gorgeousness. Utterly beautiful. What a fabulous late night Park booking they would be.

59 minutes ago, A Guy Called Matt said:

The Smith Street Band announced for 2000 Trees and they have more UK dates to be announced soon - if you like Frank Turner I reckon you will like them.

Hopefully they might be at Glastonbury.

Would really liket o see them. Have yet to catch them but I just don't feel like they'll be there. 

OK - my first post, so be kind.... was a newbie last year, and am going again this year, taking my daughter. I think both Sia, and Of Monster & Men are touring this year, yet can't find mention of either on this thread - and neither are even rumoured on the A-Z.... is there any hope? There's not a whole load of acts we both really like...but both have a real penchant for the Peckish Peacock Vegan Curry, and chilling above the Park, so won't be at a loss.... ;)

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Great line-up, but that looks like a clash between Slowdive and FlyLo, my head would burst if faced with that decision.

Well it's one of those festivals where if you like it then you probably like all of it so you'd have fatal amounts of clashes. Don't think I could manage it.

4 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

OK - my first post, so be kind.... was a newbie last year, and am going again this year, taking my daughter. I think both Sia, and Of Monster & Men are touring this year, yet can't find mention of either on this thread - and neither are even rumoured on the A-Z.... is there any hope? There's not a whole load of acts we both really like...but both have a real penchant for the Peckish Peacock Vegan Curry, and chilling above the Park, so won't be at a loss.... ;)

welcome...

while not a huge fan, my little boys liked the Monsters & Men album years back, and I saw their set in '13 and came away very impressed, a very pleasant afternoon session on the other, one of the top 6 or 7 sets or so that year i thought and i think they were getting a lot of mention on here too in the usual week-after 'best' lists. they're doing a lot of festivals this year it seems at least in the US, so i would say they're in for a chance again at Glastonbury 

great thing about EFests is that to get a rumour there has to be some true substance behind it, a verifiable source, not just "likely" or "hopeful" because they're touring nearby & nearish the dates.