Ticket process

GodlikeYeezus

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for making me laugh with the Holy Grail references.

I am trying not to allow myself to get excited about the prospect of getting a ticket, I want to go so badly.

I have an exam on Monday and Sunday revision is going to be hard either way. However the post exam celebration could be fantastic, if there is one of course.

I'll be resetting my debit card security password just in case....

Asked this q in a diff thread but no answer so apologies for double post,

How does it work if you have a few people trying for tickets for various people, if when you get past the registration page and get the 'this person has already been bought a ticket' message? As in, are you allowed to then replace this person with another registration number, or would you have to start queuing again to do that, therefore losing that particular space in your 6?

does it require card security password for online transactions ? dont think it does but cant remember for definate

No - from what I can tell it doesn't even authorize the card in "real time" - presumably far too many transactions going through to make it viable. So the card isn't often charged until later in the day (or even the week) - does mean if there's a problem with your card you don't find out right away though.

Asked this q in a diff thread but no answer so apologies for double post,

How does it work if you have a few people trying for tickets for various people, if when you get past the registration page and get the 'this person has already been bought a ticket' message? As in, are you allowed to then replace this person with another registration number, or would you have to start queuing again to do that, therefore losing that particular space in your 6?

This happened to me last year, the booking page reloaded and just said these person already has a ticket. We just deleted those numbers and clicked proceed again and it was fine. I assume you'd be fine entering another person details in their place

Edited by Ged Devereux

This happened to me last year, the booking page reloaded and just said these person already has a ticket. We just deleted those numbers and clicked proceed again and it was fine. I assume you'd be fine entering another person details in their place

It also gives an error message and highlights the entry where the details are wrong, such as a mistyped Reg number, and gives a chance to correct it.

Question - if I am buying tickets for other people, does the first person's reg details have to be the same as the payer/cardholder?

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere, there are loads of ticket threads at the moment!

The advantage of putting the cardholder first is the address, email & phone number is all prefilled on the next page, and you just have to enter the card details. - It will work with any card + address. But you have to manually change all the fields to the correct details & it just creates more work for yourself

The advantage of putting the cardholder first is the address, email & phone number is all prefilled on the next page, and you just have to enter the card details. - It will work with any card + address. But you have to manually change all the fields to the correct details & it just creates more work for yourself

Surely this is only when the browser is set to autofill?

Thanks for the reply, that's really good to know.

No - from what I can tell it doesn't even authorize the card in "real time" - presumably far too many transactions going through to make it viable. So the card isn't often charged until later in the day (or even the week) - does mean if there's a problem with your card you don't find out right away though.

thanks just put my mind at rest , although I dont remember it from previous years but im prety much in focused but hands shaking mode untill its actually done .

In terms of payment, my bank card is addressed to a different postcode (my current address) than the one I prev registered with years ago (my mums house). Might sound like a silly question but will this present any problem in my payment being accepted?.

Nope, you'll be fine.

The payment details are completely separate to all the people you're buying tickets for including yourself.

I've had fail due an issue with my card. (I'd already bought 6 tickets so... not sure if that had an impact?)

I presses submit a few times it didn't work so I had to call another person and change the billing details....

Nope, you'll be fine.

The payment details are completely separate to all the people you're buying tickets for including yourself.

Cheers Neil. Was on holiday last year and friends sorted my ticket. As such it's been 2 years since I last managed to get a ticket myself and I appear to have forgotten EVERYTHING about the process. Oh well!, fingers crossed.

Not sure if this has been asked before either but......

The web sites says 'UK buyers must use a UK registered debit card. International buyers must use a credit card (with a non-UK billing address).'

So what about several of our group who are on holiday, but are going to be trying from Turkey? Do we assume that the 'UK buyers' refers to the fact they are UK residents and not necessarily in the UK when they trying to buy?

Not sure if this has been asked before either but......

The web sites says 'UK buyers must use a UK registered debit card. International buyers must use a credit card (with a non-UK billing address).'

So what about several of our group who are on holiday, but are going to be trying from Turkey? Do we assume that the 'UK buyers' refers to the fact they are UK residents and not necessarily in the UK when they trying to buy?

If the registrations have uk postcodes then they pay with a debit card. Doesn't matter that they are in Turkey.