New Order

Zoo Music Girl

Looking at that set list, I would not mind them dropping Your Silent Face for Thieves Like Us.

I still think they will play Regret though. Restless is the one that sticks out like a sore thumb. Why they seem to think it is a stonker, I have no idea.

6 minutes ago, ericlered said:

They should not be playing Your Silent Face when Regret / Ceremony are missing.

To be fair, Your Silent face is a fan fave and always gets a fantastic reaction. I would only drop it for something like Thieves Like Us, which rarely gets played (rather criminally underplayed imo).

We can't really moan about the set list, if they play the one they did at Sonar. It is the set length that needs looking at.

6 minutes ago, ericlered said:

They should not be playing Your Silent Face when Regret / Ceremony are missing.

echoing CalGo's praise to Easty for steering us through the New Order prep. much appreciated. I do hope they knock it out of the park, but the 'hit and miss' tendencies worries me a bit. My plan at moment is for 20 mins/4 songs (a "Live Aid" set's worth) of CalGo's aforementioned gauntlet-throwing legend, before legging it over to Other...

Easty...by the looks of that setlist this weekend, seems like I might miss Crystal if I stick to my plan, as they've bumped it up to #2? For some reason, I've always liked to see Crystal live (although would have been nice with Hook on bass for that) even though they obviously have far deeper and significant of a repertoire to dig into.

Edited by tevaburger

I will break things if they don't play Your Silent Face. Crystal and Sirens would be the ones to go for me in favour of Regret and Ceremony. I don't expect either to happen.

7 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I will break things if they don't play Your Silent Face. Crystal and Sirens would be the ones to go for me in favour of Regret and Ceremony. I don't expect either to happen.

Crystal is fantastic but Sirens definitely has no place in any classic NO set.

75 minutes is criminally short, I still do not understand it, when Disclosure & LCD have 90 minute slots.

Edited by ericlered

45 minutes ago, eastynh said:

What about if they get John Barnes up to do the rap?

I was actually thinking this might happen, assuming England win tonight then our next match will be finished just before New Order come on stage. I think they are down for a 22:30 start from memory and an 8pm kickoff without extra time and pens would finish around 10pm. Would make sense.

I would love it to happen but not at the expense of another classic getting shelved.

10 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

echoing CalGo's praise to Easty for steering us through the New Order prep. much appreciated. I do hope they knock it out of the park, but the 'hit and miss' tendencies worries me a bit. My plan at moment is for 20 mins/4 songs (a "Live Aid" set's worth) of CalGo's aforementioned gauntlet-throwing legend, before legging it over to Other...

Easty...by the looks of that setlist this weekend, seems like I might miss Crystal if I stick to my plan, as they've bumped it up to #2? For some reason, I've always liked to see Crystal live (although would have been nice with Hook on bass for that) even though they obviously have far deeper and significant of a repertoire to dig into.

They have been playing Regret or Ceremony second, seems they have moved Crystal up so it fits in the shortened set. I reckon they will drop Crystal and play Regret.

They are a strange band. Think there is only Blue Monday, Regret, True Faith and World In Motion that were top 5 hits, yet there is a chance they won't play 2 of them. Thieves Like Us and Fine Time are their next 2 biggest hits and they won't play them. Then there is the fact that they will not play a single tune off Technique. 

On the plus side, the set will be pretty much made up with electronic, dance floor orientated bangers rather than the guitar driven dirges.

8 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Sirens is ace live. Fits perfectly in that slot and will get you rocking.

4 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

A perfect set, even better than I thought they'd be. My friends, who had only heard Blue Monday previously, loved every minute too. 

What was the EU thing after? 

Land of hope and glory. The irony of the whole thing was perfectly pitched, but made me want to cry at the complete disaster of the whole thing. Anyone know who the speech was by?

Just now, Dominic1983 said:

The band were absolutely amazing, but the crowd where I was standing (far left about 40 rows back) were completely dead and it marred it slightly! Anyone else notice that?

Was a little bit yeah, Barney said something early on he didn't seem too happy. ''Come on it's Glastonbury for fuck sake''

Doesn't help either when you've got 2 security steaming through the crowd during the first strong then just standing there eyeing everyone up in the middle for the first half of the set. Everytime I looked round they were just eyeballing everyone. Hope that isn't a sign of things to come. There was never any need for that middle barrier to be put there in my opinion.

People complaining at the set list should direct their anger at the clown who decided to only give them 75 minutes. They only played 3 songs from the new album which is the least they have played at any point on this tour. There was nothing else they could drop. They did not even play the new single.

As for the performance, I thought it was fantastic. It is fair to say though that I am biased in that regards and I was in a pretty bad state by half 10. It was only the mud that was keeping me stood up straight.

8 minutes ago, eastynh said:

People complaining at the set list should direct their anger at the clown who decided to only give them 75 minutes. They only played 3 songs from the new album which is the least they have played at any point on this tour. There was nothing else they could drop. They did not even play the new single.

As for the performance, I thought it was fantastic. It is fair to say though that I am biased in that regards and I was in a pretty bad state by half 10. It was only the mud that was keeping me stood up straight.

I dunno if @eFestivals or anyone else with a greater knowledge of the running of festivals knows but I'd be really surprised if the set length they were "given" was anything other than what they wanted. I don't honestly believe the stage bookers are going to New Order's management and saying "sorry, I know the band want to do an epic career-spanning set but we need to give St. Paul and the Broken Bones a full hour at 1pm".

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I dunno if @eFestivals or anyone else with a greater knowledge of the running of festivals knows but I'd be really surprised if the set length they were "given" was anything other than what they wanted. I don't honestly believe the stage bookers are going to New Order's management and saying "sorry, I know the band want to do an epic career-spanning set but we need to give St. Paul and the Broken Bones a full hour at 1pm".

No chance it was anything to do with New Order. They have been playing regulary over 2 hours on this tour. Bernards last words on Saturday were, and I quote "We would love to play for longer, but for some reason they won't let us"

New Order play fucking everywhere all of the time and their fans have had multiple chances to see them on this tour. LCD are only doing a small number of UK festivals and this was their first one. it was the right decision to give them a full set over NO if that was the case

Just now, FloorFiller said:

New Order play fucking everywhere all of the time and their fans have had multiple chances to see them on this tour. LCD are only doing a small number of UK festivals and this was their first one. it was the right decision to give them a full set over NO if that was the case

What bands do on their own tours has zero to with Glastonbury scheduling. NO have 3 or 4 times the back catalogue as LCD, in both quantity and quality in my opinion and should have had at least 90 minutes.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Problem there though is that New Order are a legendary band with a 30 year career full of top tunes. LCD soundsystem are not. They are a little cult band they have somehow managed to get to headline status off nothing more than hype. They have some kind of mini Stone Roses syndrome.