New Order

Zoo Music Girl

6 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Its watching LCD live footage that has got me wanting to see them. I don't think their studio recordings are anywher near as good as they sound live. They don't have much competition if they are on the Sunday so far, since the gf has gone off EWF idea.

I watched Coldplay last night and it was enough to put me off a possible last minute pissed decision. The setlist they do does not appeal to me.

Totally agree. LCD sound like a different beast live. Their studio recordings all sound a bit too subdued to me, but live they really let loose. Murphy's vocals in particular come across a LOT better. 

23 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I have absolutely no idea what state I will be in on the Sunday. I could end up anywhere.

My bus home leaves at 12pm. The opportunities are endless.

22 minutes ago, jparx said:

Totally agree. LCD sound like a different beast live. Their studio recordings all sound a bit too subdued to me, but live they really let loose. Murphy's vocals in particular come across a LOT better. 

Aye, I didn't get the hype after trying out their studio stuff. The Coachella gig swayed me.

5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

You on the bus all the way to the north east?

Aye. First time I've done it. Usually do it the luxury way, going down Bristol on the Tuesday for drinks, then staying in a hotel on the Monday there for a wash and a nice meal. Desperation with coach resale tickets. I'm not even moaning, I'm chuffed to be going.

3 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Aye. First time I've done it. Usually do it the luxury way, going down Bristol on the Tuesday for drinks, then staying in a hotel on the Monday there for a wash and a nice meal. Desperation with coach resale tickets. I'm not even moaning, I'm chuffed to be going.

Fair play. Would not fancy that bus ride home though. Thankfully my mate is driving this year so I can take it easy.

second in is always a rotation of regret or ceremony - think we'll be very lucky to get both :(

anything off technique would be ace but not expecting it and a bit shite they dropped 1963 for the game

at least superheated wasn't anywhere near the encore and the run of songs from your silent face onward are still incredibly strong - just hope come saturday night at glastonbury they choose/feel like playing the right songs

4 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Remember, say 'no' to opera houses, kids. 

I never really bought into all the Peter Saville aesthetics when I was a kid. People used to give me blank tapes with New Order scrawled on in Biro. At first I never even knew the names of most of the tunes. Yet I seen that picture of the Sydney Opera House and I was mightily impressed. They probably do it with every band that plays there, but it seems pretty special none the less. Wonder how Hooky felt when he seen it. Probably a very bitter sweet moment. Not going to be a great few weeks for Hooky with the Glastonbury headline and multiple ofther festival headline spots. I do feel sorry for him in a way.

Looking at the line up fully and how on earth have New Order only got 75 minutes? It is utterly ridiculous. Good job they no longer start with Elegia. 

I should not complain really. Last year when people their three they wanted to see, I had New Order, Hurts and Slipmatt. I have got all three, plus there is loads of other stuff for me as well. Roll on Glasto :D

Edited by eastynh

1 minute ago, Yokel Again said:

Are they likely to play Regret? 

Played it last night with an Orchestra. The set list last night was absolutely amazing.

Elegia 
Singularity
Regret
Restless
Lonesome Tonight
The Game

Thieves Like Us
Your Silrnt Face
Tutti Frutti
Bizarre Love Triangle
Sirens
The Perfect Kiss
True Faith
BM
Temptation

Atmosphere 
Decades
LWTUA

If we get anything like that at Glasto then we have done well. Crystal will be back though . At least it shows they are prepared to change the set if the occasion demands.

For anyone who has been to watch New Order over the years, they you will have probably come into contact with Alan Wise, who has passed away. He was all over the Manchester scene when I was growing up and have heard him introduce New Order onto the stage a number of times. Seemed a really sound fella.

http://louderthanwar.com/alan-wise-rip-legendary-manchester-music-figure/#.V0_w-PzBbXU.twitter

21 minutes ago, davidd said:

Very sad news indeed regarding Alan Wise, family must be devastated. Another major character lost from the Manchester music scene.

By all accounts he never recovered from the loss of his daughter. So sad. I had hoped he would introduce NO at Glasto as you knew when Alan strode on, then shit was about to get real.

I hope NO pay tribute to him tonight in Sydney.

Just now, eastynh said:

By all accounts he never recovered from the loss of his daughter. So sad. I had hoped he would introduce NO at Glasto as you knew when Alan strode on, then shit was about to get real.

I hope NO pay tribute to him tonight in Sydney.

Yeah mate, terrible shit. 

I'm sure they will, part of the furniture from years ago.