New Order

Zoo Music Girl

17 hours ago, eastynh said:

For anyone who has been to watch New Order over the years, they you will have probably come into contact with Alan Wise, who has passed away. He was all over the Manchester scene when I was growing up and have heard him introduce New Order onto the stage a number of times. Seemed a really sound fella.

http://louderthanwar.com/alan-wise-rip-legendary-manchester-music-figure/#.V0_w-PzBbXU.twitter

Pretty sure he introduced them onto the stage for their Reading Festival show in 1998, announcing them as Joy Division, great gig that, my first NO show.

I don't know much of New Order but I love what I have heard. I basically know all the top songs on Spotify (Blue Monday/Age Of Consent/True Faith/Ceremony /Temptation) as well as all the old Joy Division stuff. What else should I listen to based on what they're likely to play at Glasto?

Cheers!

15 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

I don't know much of New Order but I love what I have heard. I basically know all the top songs on Spotify (Blue Monday/Age Of Consent/True Faith/Ceremony /Temptation) as well as all the old Joy Division stuff. What else should I listen to based on what they're likely to play at Glasto?

Cheers!

Regret, Perfect Kiss, Bizarre Love Triangle, Your Silent Face, Restless, Tutti Frutti, Plastic, Singularity. Them songs are likely to all be played.

5 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Regret, Perfect Kiss, Bizarre Love Triangle, Your Silent Face, Restless, Tutti Frutti, Plastic, Singularity. Them songs are likely to all be played.

Al is spot on there. Any excuse to post this though :-)

Setlist tonight. Only change from their last gig is Thieves Live Us for 1963. Shame we only get 75 minutes, because that will probably rule Elegia out. What else will be for the chop? Lonesome Tonight, The Game, Sirens and one of the Joy Division covers? Would probably expect Plastic and maybe Ceremony to come in.

Elegia
Singularity
Regret
Restless
Lonesome Tonight
Thieves Like Us
The Game
Your Silent Face
Tutti Frutti
Bizarre Love Triangle
Waiting for the Sirens' Call
The Perfect Kiss
True Faith
Blue Monday
Temptation
Encore:
Atmosphere
(Joy Division cover)
Decades
(Joy Division cover)
Love Will Tear Us Apart
(Joy Division cover)

38 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Setlist tonight. Only change from their last gig is Thieves Live Us for 1963. Shame we only get 75 minutes, because that will probably rule Elegia out. What else will be for the chop? Lonesome Tonight, The Game, Sirens and one of the Joy Division covers? Would probably expect Plastic and maybe Ceremony to come in.

Elegia
Singularity
Regret
Restless
Lonesome Tonight
Thieves Like Us
The Game
Your Silent Face
Tutti Frutti
Bizarre Love Triangle
The Perfect Kiss
True Faith
Blue Monday
Temptation
Encore:
Atmosphere
(Joy Division cover)
Decades
(Joy Division cover)
Love Will Tear Us Apart
(Joy Division cover)

Sirens will get played. It is not one of their top 100 tynes but the version they play is magnificent live and a proper groover. It fits perfectly in that run of tunes from Your Silent Face

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Sirens will get played. It is not one of their top 100 tynes but the version they play is magnificent live and a proper groover. It fits perfectly in that run of tunes from Your Silent Face

I challenge you to make a realistic 75 minute set with a few minutes clipped off between songs!

Edited by Alan_C

1 hour ago, Alan_C said:

I challenge you to make a realistic 75 minute set with a few minutes clipped off between songs!

Here we go, don't think it will be too different to this:

Singularity
Ceremony
Restless
Regret
Your Silent Face
Tutti Frutti

Plastic
Bizarre Love Triangle
The Perfect Kiss
True Faith
Temptation
Blue Monday
Love Will Tear Us Apart

43 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Singularity
Regret

Crystal
Restless

Your Silent Face
Tutti Frutti

Plastic
Bizarre Love Triangle

The Perfect Kiss

True Faith
Temptation

Blue Monday
Love Will Tear Us Apart

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Yes I think they will mate.

I would trade Ceremony though for Thieves Like Us.

That's a helluva choice to have to make.

i remember the exact time and place i bought the 12" of TLU, i was 14 anf they had it blasting out of the old Hmv on Market Street, that bass and drum beat knocked me over .

Ceremony though, just everything about it gets me, it's a stunning; poignant track that really sums up the end of Joy Division and the birth of New Order and what they would become. 

( It does for me and i possibly sounds proper arsey and am probably wrong ;-)  )

1 minute ago, davidd said:

That's a helluva choice to have to make.

i remember the exact time and place i bought the 12" of TLU, i was 14 anf they had it blasting out of the old Hmv on Market Street, that bass and drum beat knocked me over .

Ceremony though, just everything about it gets me, it's a stunning; poignant track that really sums up the end of Joy Division and the birth of New Order and what they would become. 

( It does for me and i possibly sounds proper arsey and am probably wrong ;-)  )

lol no worries mate. Your opinion does not sound arsey to me, I totally get where you're coming from.

It is not a choice that I thought we might have. My eyes lit up when I saw that they had dug up TLU for Sydney. For me TLU is a stone cold classic New Order tune, there is nothing in it that sounds Joy Division in any way. I would snap your hand off now for TLU. That build up before Barney even opens his trap is just fantastic.

8 minutes ago, eastynh said:

lol no worries mate. Your opinion does not sound arsey to me, I totally get where you're coming from.

It is not a choice that I thought we might have. My eyes lit up when I saw that they had dug up TLU for Sydney. For me TLU is a stone cold classic New Order tune, there is nothing in it that sounds Joy Division in any way. I would snap your hand off now for TLU. That build up before Barney even opens his trap is just fantastic.

Totally agree, phenomenal tune. The bastards should give us both and just leave us in that field  with our memories 'till the end of our days ! 

On 6/4/2016 at 10:17 PM, eastynh said:

Singularity
Ceremony
Restless
Regret
Your Silent Face
Tutti Frutti

Plastic
Bizarre Love Triangle
The Perfect Kiss
True Faith
Temptation
Blue Monday
Love Will Tear Us Apart

so Crystal has pretty much disappeared then? as i feared....

10 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

so Crystal has pretty much disappeared then? as i feared....

Nah it will be played mate. I deffo put Crystal in the list. No ides why it is not showing on the one you have quoted as it is definitely listed on the post.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Nah it will be played mate. I deffo put Crystal in the list. No ides why it is not showing on the one you have quoted as it is definitely listed on the post.

I have tried a few songs from Cut Copy but nothing has stuck out for me yet. I watched a few of their most viewed songs on Youtbube.

PS - I really like Crystal, but there is a bucketload of songs I would like to see played before it in a 75 minute set. I will be slightly annoyed if it gets played ahead of Ceremony.

As said before, I am a very casual fan, but I've given the latest album a good whirl this week as I'm 99% certain we will see them...

And it's bloody great!!! The last tune is awesome.  Really really looking forward to them now.

Need to get more familiar with some of the song names after the hits.