New Order

Zoo Music Girl

I can't wait to see New Order at Glasto! I saw them play the first night at the Warehouse Project in Manchester in December (the night that Elly Jackson came on stage for Tutti Frutti and People On The High Line) and it was one of the most amazing gigs I've ever been to; the Atmosphere was out of this world!!

It's a tough choice between them and M83 on the John Peel stage, but M83's last album was pants so that decided it for me...

6 hours ago, Dominic1983 said:

I can't wait to see New Order at Glasto! I saw them play the first night at the Warehouse Project in Manchester in December (the night that Elly Jackson came on stage for Tutti Frutti and People On The High Line) and it was one of the most amazing gigs I've ever been to; the Atmosphere was out of this world!!

It's a tough choice between them and M83 on the John Peel stage, but M83's last album was pants so that decided it for me...

I thought that WHP gig was awful. From the start time, half the crowd not being able to see the stage and to the actual sound, I thought it was bobbins. I will never ever go to see a band at WHP ever again, no matter who it is.

Hopefully Glastonbury will be a lot better.

7 hours ago, Dominic1983 said:

That's the decision I've been struggling with this week, but I really like the newer M83 material myself, however I'm leaning towards getting more enjoyment from an outdoor gig than a tented gig at this point. 

I'm really looking forward to CHVRCHES into New Order, two of my favourite bands back to back, should be a great Saturday night. 

I was considering seeing James Blake but then Temptation came on to my playlist last week and I realised there was no chance of me not being there. 

I was listening to my iPod last night and World (Price of Love) came on. It's an absolute belter but never gets anywhere near their setlists. Anyway, it occurred to me that with New Order, you could put together a pretty impressive 'second' setlist of hits from the material they don't play at Glasto, especially when you chuck in two other JD songs, such Isolation and Transmission.

Edited by Homer

16 hours ago, eastynh said:

I thought that WHP gig was awful. From the start time, half the crowd not being able to see the stage and to the actual sound, I thought it was bobbins. I will never ever go to see a band at WHP ever again, no matter who it is.

Hopefully Glastonbury will be a lot better.

Whereabouts were you standing? Right down at the front it seemed fine. Although yeah, the venue itself sucked a bit.

15 hours ago, Spindles said:

That's the decision I've been struggling with this week, but I really like the newer M83 material myself, however I'm leaning towards getting more enjoyment from an outdoor gig than a tented gig at this point. 

Yeah, plus you never know, they might play World in Motion after their last Glasto performance...

13 hours ago, Homer said:

I was listening to my iPod last night and World (Price of Love) came on. It's an absolute belter but never gets anywhere near their setlists. Anyway, it occurred to me that with New Order, you could put together a pretty impressive 'second' setlist of hits from the material they don't play at Glasto, especially when you chuck in two other JD songs, such Isolation and Transmission.

It's a shame that they don't mix their set lists up; they should throw in more than one song from Republic and also, to not currently be playing anything off of Technique is a bit rubbish!

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Can't wait for Barnaby and the lads to run out onto the Other Stage,  miss their cue and have to restart the first song three times.

Them days have well gone mate. 

Edited by eastynh

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Let's hope so. Hope they knock it out the park for you, bud. Your NO advocacy these past few months has been quite something.

I hope they do it for themselves mate. They have given me more than enough joy and good times to last me 2 lifetimes.

It is perfectly set up for them. It would be a typically New Orderish thing for them to fall flat on their faces. They seem like a well oiled machine at present though and thats not something that was ever labelled at New Order in regards to their live performances.

On 09/06/2016 at 9:15 AM, Neal86 said:

i love LCD but i reckon new order should have 90 minutes too but 75 minutes could be the perfecr lenghth for new order if they tweak the setlist right

I personally feel it's an absolute disgrace that NO have a mere 75 minutes set when compared with Disclosure and LCD, who each get 90 mins. Compare the back catalogues. Total and utter joke really, who comes up with these schedules?

Edited by ericlered
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ericlered said:

I personally feel it's an absolute disgrace that NO have a mere 75 minutes set when compared with Disclosure and LCD, who each get 90 mins. Compare the back catalogues. Total and utter joke really, who comes up with these schedules?

It's probably the band themselves that decided they'd play for 75 minutes.

36 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It's probably the band themselves that decided they'd play for 75 minutes.

Can't see that mate. They have been doing 2 hour sets when given the chance recently.

Gone are the days of 45 minute sets and then fucking off to the pub.

The 75 minutes is a bit strange but I am not going to complain. It is finally dawning on me that I will be watching New Order at Glastonbury in 8 days time.

Just got to get them young upstarts, The Stone Roses out of the way tomorrow first.

Edited by eastynh

27 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Just had a look on the sonar website and it says they played a 90 minute set last night. I am not sure how they could cut the set list down any more, to fit it into 75 mins, before it comes absolutely pointless them being there.

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Just had a look on the sonar website and it says they played a 90 minute set last night. I am not sure how they could cut the set list down any more, to fit it into 75 mins, before it comes absolutely pointless them being there.

Does that setlist not seem slightly light for 90 mins? I'd have thought about 13 songs would be perfect for a 75 mins set