New Order

Zoo Music Girl

20 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

There's shit loads of tickets on Twickets mate do it. 

Just realised they were in Manchester yesterday and you're not on about tonight's gig. 

I am not doing it mate. Along with New Order it is getting ridiculous how often I go and see them. I justify the New Order one as you have no idea if you are going to tour/exist or so on from one week to the next. I went to watch James at The Academy 2 a few weeks ago and they played the new album in full. At Glasto I will get to see them do the hits so thats enough considering I said that I was not going to bother this year.

May is a write off anyway as I have agreed to do a fair bit of overtime. It is fair to say that I really do not want to go in work tonight when I don't have to. It will pay for Glastonbury next month, tent and everything else without me having to touch my wages. I will play the long game here but I was sooooo tempted yesterday.

17 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

Easty - I really like New Order on record but have never seen them live...contemplating seeing them at GF this year, but from watching previous performances on YouTube one thing is putting me off...Barney's "whooping". Does he still do it?

Don't let whooping or bad dancing put u off new order one of the most important bands in last 30 to 40 years go and see them if you haven't before 

• Upvote 1

I will have to be boring and say only Love Will Tear Us Apart and maybe Transmission or Atmosphere. Only want one or two in there obviously. I love She's Lost Control but you need Ian to sing that.

9 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

They played Atmosphere in Glasgow last year, it was absolutely amazing, can only imagine how it would sound at Glastonbury. Gimme, gimme, gimme.

It has only just been dropped in favour of Superheated, which is scandalous really.

6 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I will have to be boring and say only Love Will Tear Us Apart and maybe Transmission or Atmosphere. Only want one or two in there obviously. I love She's Lost Control but you need Ian to sing that.

The more I think of it, I reckon they might do a few. In all probability this will be their last ever Glasto. They do a fantastic version of Isolation.

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

It has only just been dropped in favour of Superheated, which is scandalous really.

The more I think of it, I reckon they might do a few. In all probability this will be their last ever Glasto. They do a fantastic version of Isolation.

I suppose it depends on the length of time they get on stage. 90 minutes is probably the best we can hope for. Should just give them two hours!

1 hour ago, bamber said:

My favorite ever performance, (anywhere; really) A very special moment in my life being there.

That Temptation break down is ace. Would have loved to have been there.

Hot Chip together with New Order could do no wrong?????????

Maybe not 

9 minutes ago, ericlered said:

I'd prefer no Joy Division in the set at all. New Order have more than enough to choose from as it is, and will no doubt ignore at least a dozen classics! Barney is no Ian either, let's be totally honest here.

I get what you're saying, but LWTUA is a great closer, even if it doesn't have the same punch as the original it's an enthusiastic cover 

10 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I get what you're saying, but LWTUA is a great closer, even if it doesn't have the same punch as the original it's an enthusiastic cover 

Yeah to be fair LWTUA will be great I'm sure, no doubt about it. I guess it depends if you have seen NO before as well (like I have a few times now) but the very first time I saw them at Reading in 98 it was a bit of a emotional experience seeing LWTUA, Atmosphere, Isolation and Heart & Soul live, so it would be disappointing for a lot of people not to at least get a couple of JD classics. (so my original post was a bit selfish i guess, sorry!)

Either way I'm really looking forward to NO on the Saturday night. Should be a belter.

Edited by ericlered

1 hour ago, Alan_C said:

Bizarre Love Triangle is bloody great isn't it. 

Utterly fantastic. It was number 2 on my all time key top 3 on the Pete Mitchell show, many, many years ago.

3) Whatever - Oasis

2) BLT - New Order

1) Enjoy the Silence - Depeche Mode

All three would still easily be in my top 10, with Enjoy the silence still probably No 1.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Utterly fantastic. It was number 2 on my all time key top 3 on the Pete Mitchell show, many, many years ago.

3) Whatever - Oasis

2) BLT - New Order

1) Enjoy the Silence - Depeche Mode

All three would still easily be in my top 10, with Enjoy the silence still probably No 1.

Whatever :wub:

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Quality tune mate. Gets forgotten about as it was on neither of the big 2 albums, but I have always loved it.

Noel didn't even put it on the best of album they released. He always was  at picking tracklists. No Listen Up or D'You Know What I Mean either. Idiot.