New Order

Zoo Music Girl

4 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I've the lovely clear vinyl Music Complete. Will do. ;)

I owe you an upvote mate. Unfortunately I have none left for today.

Listening to that Roses song today has made me appreciate how good Music Complete really is. We had no right to expect an album so refreshing. I pulled my face a little that they played 7 off it at RAH a few weeks ago. I had started to take them for granted again.Will not make that mistake again.

49 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I owe you an upvote mate. Unfortunately I have none left for today.

Listening to that Roses song today has made me appreciate how good Music Complete really is. We had no right to expect an album so refreshing. I pulled my face a little that they played 7 off it at RAH a few weeks ago. I had started to take them for granted again.Will not make that mistake again.

It's just a superb fucking record. 

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

It's just a superb fucking record. 

No upvotes left mate so have a smiley :D

Am off to bed now. Been a mad day. From buzzing with enthusiasm to being deflated after hearing the wall tune. Finished it off nicely with a bit of New Order. Music Complete.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

No upvotes left mate so have a smiley :D

Am off to bed now. Been a mad day. From buzzing with enthusiasm to being deflated after hearing the wall tune. Finished it off nicely with a bit of New Order. Music Complete.

Given I don't yet have Music Complete on vinyl would you recommend this or the original? 

4 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Given I don't yet have Music Complete on vinyl would you recommend this or the original? 

The deluxe boxset is for a dj or a nutjob.

Buy the clear vinyl double vinyl like Wooderson has and just stream the extended versions. 

In reality you are probably not going to sit there and go through all 8 vinyl with the deluxe version.

For what it costs you would be better buying the normal version and getting some of the classic singles on vinyl. Go get The Perfecto mixes, Shep Petibone mix of True Faith, all the mixes of Confusion and Bizarre Dub Triangle.

This will be my first time seeing New Order and I've only really got semi-familiar with their bigger stuff over the past few months.

If they play a 90 minute set is it quite likely that'll make the cut, really want to hear it

Also I think Love Vigilantes is awful and reckon the new Roses song has better lyrics so would be nice if that was nowhere near the set

1 hour ago, jonodillieono said:

This will be my first time seeing New Order and I've only really got semi-familiar with their bigger stuff over the past few months.

If they play a 90 minute set is it quite likely that'll make the cut, really want to hear it

Also I think Love Vigilantes is awful and reckon the new Roses song has better lyrics so would be nice if that was nowhere near the set

What tune do you want to make the cut mate?

They won't play Love Vigilantes at Glasto. (although its a classic and they should)

New Order is really not about the lyrics. You need to understand that no matter what lyrics they wrote, they were never going to live up to Joy Divisions. How to you follow on from a guy who was mentally tortured, poured it all out in the songs and then ultimately hung himself? New Order had no other choice but to go the total opposite way otherwise they would forever be in the shadow of Joy Division.

Thankfully because of the candyfloss lyrics and pioneering electro dance/rock music, you can look at each bands as separate entities.

Plus you get wonderful phrases such as "I lived my life in the valleys, I lived my life in the hills, I lived my life on alcohol, I lived my life on pills"

10 minutes ago, eastynh said:

What tune do you want to make the cut mate?

They won't play Love Vigilantes at Glasto. (although its a classic and they should)

New Order is really not about the lyrics. You need to understand that no matter what lyrics they wrote, they were never going to live up to Joy Divisions. How to you follow on from a guy who was mentally tortured, poured it all out in the songs and then ultimately hung himself? New Order had no other choice but to go the total opposite way otherwise they would forever be in the shadow of Joy Division.

Thankfully because of the candyfloss lyrics and pioneering electro dance/rock music, you can look at each bands as separate entities.

Plus you get wonderful phrases such as "I lived my life in the valleys, I lived my life in the hills, I lived my life on alcohol, I lived my life on pills"

Lol swear I wrote 586.

True but Love Vigilantes in particular makes me cringe quite a bit whereas everything else in fine with. I dont know maybe after more listens i might like it but at first I'm not a fan

2 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Lol swear I wrote 586.

True but Love Vigilantes in particular makes me cringe quite a bit whereas everything else in fine with. I dont know maybe after more listens i might like it but at first I'm not a fan

There is a chance they will play 586. They did not play it at WHP but they did play it the last time they played at RAH. It does get played quite often.

2 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Lol swear I wrote 586.

Love Vigilantes is one of my favourites of new order and its the one tune I always want them to play live. Pity it's been cut from the sets recently

1 minute ago, blue6field said:

Love Vigilantes is one of my favourites of new order and its the one tune I always want them to play live. Pity it's been cut from the sets recently

I have definitely heard them play it on this tour mate. Not sure where but they have played it.

Edited by eastynh

I will be grateful for any older songs they play that aren't one of the staples, considering the set length limitations they have. 

Got Music Complete blasting with a lovely beer as it happens.

42 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I will be grateful for any older songs they play that aren't one of the staples, considering the set length limitations they have. 

Got Music Complete blasting with a lovely beer as it happens.

Put Complete Music on, its a belter.

There maybe a few surprises in the Glasto set. They are playing the Sydney Opera house at the start of June. They will be playing with a live orchestra for the 1st time ever. I read an interview last night where they said they are working on a few surprises so it looks like they are planning to change the set for the next run of gigs and festivals.

Edited by eastynh

1 minute ago, Alan_C said:

I will do next week. I don't have the patience for anything too long today, running on about 90 minutes sleep. I'm sure its great though.

Well I am staying off Twitter and have turned my phone off to resist the temptation of going to see James tonight. I had to cancel my Twickets alerts as well, otherwise I would have caved. Complete music has pulled me through but it's been tough going today. I am probably safe now :-)

2 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Easty - I really like New Order on record but have never seen them live...contemplating seeing them at GF this year, but from watching previous performances on YouTube one thing is putting me off...Barney's "whooping". Does he still do it?

I have not seen or heard him do it on the 3 times I have seen them this tour. There were a couple of "Come on" at Jodrell Bank a few years ago but no whooping. I can't remember any on the Bestival live cd. Last time I remember him doing it was at the Apollo in Manchester, which is a few years ago now.

I can't guarantee he will not do it mate, but the impression I get is that the rest of them have had a word.

It has never bothered me but I can understand people getting a bit pissed when he starts going whoo whoo, midway through Love WIll Tear Us Apart. 

He still dances like they cut all the rhythm out of him along with his umbilical cord though. 

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Do things like Temptation and Bizarre Love Triangle feature later on in the set?

Might keep this in my back pocket if Adele starts to tank.

BLT is generally midway and Temptation is usually last tune before the encore. They seem to be playing a version pretty similar to the Richard X mix of BLT and it sounds utterly glorious.

The Perfect Kiss is the show stopper  for me at present though.