2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno what it being half decent has to do with it. :P

I think the next fest they do here will be Isle of Wight. John Giddings has been saying for years how much he wants them to play. H e's said that about Chilis and Fleetwood Mac before and then got them down to do European and world exclusives so he means it too.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Why in the world Green Day have never been booked for Download is beyond me. Like, I'm sure he's maybe tried and things haven't been able to work out, but after all these years you'd have thought they would have headlined DL by now. 

TBF, Reading only got them back the other year because they have fallen and produced 3 shite albums. Back in the day they could have done more than one night at Emirates.

GLASTO: The Stone Roses, Ed Sheeran, Radiohead. 

R&L: Blink-182, Kasabian, My Chemical Romance. 

DL: Bring Me The Horizon, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica. 

TITP: Drake, Ed Sheeran/Swedish House Mafia, Biffy Clyro. 

V: Coldplay, Drake. 

IOW: Arcade Fire, Green Day, Aerosmith. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I hope to see Blink nowhere near the Reading / Leeds main stage headline slot ever again. Their performance in 2014 was abysmal and as awesome as the set list was for building on nostalgia, the delivery was poor. I saw them the same week at Brixton where they absolutely smashed it and I had high hopes for them closing the festival but they were a major let down.

No mention of The Killers in there either? With a new album on its way I'd say they're probably likely for V at this point as they love to get a previous headliner back in again and again.

Others with albums coming out include: Gorillaz, Kings of Leon, The Rolling Stones amongst others so I expect to see some of these guys headlining UK festivals too.

2 hours ago, AndrewSmith said:

I hope to see Blink nowhere near the Reading / Leeds main stage headline slot ever again. Their performance in 2014 was abysmal and as awesome as the set list was for building on nostalgia, the delivery was poor. I saw them the same week at Brixton where they absolutely smashed it and I had high hopes for them closing the festival but they were a major let down.

No mention of The Killers in there either? With a new album on its way I'd say they're probably likely for V at this point as they love to get a previous headliner back in again and again.

Others with albums coming out include: Gorillaz, Kings of Leon, The Rolling Stones amongst others so I expect to see some of these guys headlining UK festivals too.

The rolling stones will go back to their arena shows as they so rarely do festivals 

Gorillaz won't headline 

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The annoying thing there is that give me an alternative to MCR and Reading wouldn't be the worst....but the undercard will be absolute shite because the quality isn't around the fill it. I can see Catfish fitting under Kasabian mind you like a glove and ADTM being under Blink if they get that bump up, but I don't feel as if MCR will defo be there, a hunch is BMTH....I'm not sre Download will have them if they didn't this year. V and Download the most underwhelming by a stretch.

5 hours ago, AndrewSmith said:

Blink are a shit performing live act....they just have many catchy songs.

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i bet several pounds that BMTH don't headline any major fests next year but return to do so in 2018

I would say there 100% more chance than them doing Download. We can't go 100% on here but I don't think anyone claiming to hear early news had BMTH for Download at all......it was just where Blink would be.

Metallica and A7X nailed for that, gotta be......he's got fuck all else to go at.

17 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

bet several pounds that BMTH don't headline any major fests next year but return to do so in 2018

They won't headline but might well be there :)

17 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Metallica and A7X nailed for that,

Is common thinking. Plus Blink. They won't be at R/L.

53 minutes ago, devilman said:

They won't headline but might well be there :)

well they ain't gonna return to sub Reading/Leeds again surely, and i don't see why they'd sub Download at this point when they could easily headline with a new album, so secret set aside, 2018 for them imo

Edited by FloorFiller

Sounds like typical bullshit but a friend I have (I know I know) that's directly involved w massive attack has said R&L have shown a lot of interest in the past but nothing's come of it, with the massive bristol shows and MA generally active I figured it might come to something in 2017. 

As for the other two, Kasabian seem pretty likely along with Green day. Stronger line up next year I'd assume (which means nothing seeing as this excuse of a line up has just sold out weekend for reading) 

47 minutes ago, TheMeantime said:

Sounds like typical bullshit but a friend I have (I know I know) that's directly involved w massive attack has said R&L have shown a lot of interest in the past but nothing's come of it, with the massive bristol shows and MA generally active I figured it might come to something in 2017. 

As for the other two, Kasabian seem pretty likely along with Green day. Stronger line up next year I'd assume (which means nothing seeing as this excuse of a line up has just sold out weekend for reading) 

Massive attack would be more suited to headline latitude