2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 21/01/2017 at 11:27 AM, RedBalloon said:

the kooks will headline FR stage, perfect size for it.

I dunno I saw them in 2014 cos the lineup was awful that day so I had to see someone, and my memory is hazey but I'm pretty sure the NME tent was pretty full. I think they're a similar size to the Wombats who played FR in 2015, and apparently loads of people couldn't get in the tent for them, which I assume is why they were rebooked for the NME in 2016. So yeah I'd be surprised with The Kooks being put on FR. If they were up against Muse I think loads of people would choose them instead.

20 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I dunno I saw them in 2014 cos the lineup was awful that day so I had to see someone, and my memory is hazey but I'm pretty sure the NME tent was pretty full. I think they're a similar size to the Wombats who played FR in 2015, and apparently loads of people couldn't get in the tent for them, which I assume is why they were rebooked for the NME in 2016. So yeah I'd be surprised with The Kooks being put on FR. If they were up against Muse I think loads of people would choose them instead.

Don't know about Leeds but the tent was overflowing at Reading, was going to split my time between them and Metallica but the tent was way too rammed, ended up going to Metallica the whole time.

I think The Kooks could definitely do the FR but it'd be a similar case to The Wombats where it'd be rammed.

55 minutes ago, Odessa said:

true, I was there for wombats and it was rammed, just watched the screen the whole time. even so, it was a huge success, and personally, it would be perfect up against Eminem or Muse. It's just a shame because they would be wasted playing mid day main stage/ late afternoon NME I think. 

20 hours ago, RedBalloon said:

true, I was there for wombats and it was rammed, just watched the screen the whole time. even so, it was a huge success, and personally, it would be perfect up against Eminem or Muse. It's just a shame because they would be wasted playing mid day main stage/ late afternoon NME I think. 

I couldn't move during Wombats, I think a large number of people that had been to see Twin Atlantic headed to FR as there was only Rebel Sound, Metallica or heading over to Buttoned Down Disco as alternatives. Still really enjoyed it but FR really need to get a 2nd screen added for the right hand side.

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Thinkin' the same thing. I hope Gazza goes easy on us.

:lol:

Regardless of who the rest of the undercard is I imagine that trio of headliners with Royal Blood below one of them would/will go down very well. Not for me, and they could always fuck it up with the rest of the undercard, but it's looking to be a pretty strong year imo

8 minutes ago, jakecase said:

With the announcement coming presumably tomorrow... could Craig David be possible thrown into the mix for the announcement?

Don't know if Reading and Leeds would be his style though, possibly 1xtra/dance/nme??

craig david.PNG

That's a good spot, although I think the "win 5 VIP tickets" gives away it won't be R&L. Big Weekend is my guess.

17 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

That's a good spot, although I think the "win 5 VIP tickets" gives away it won't be R&L. Big Weekend is my guess.

The VIP thing is for his UK Tour I think. Nevertheless I wouldn't mind seeing him at R&L. Saw him at Common People last year and it was a pretty decent show, don't think he'd be main stage worthy for R&L though.

Could also be Mutiny who are announcing their "Sunday special guests" tomorrow. Same festival with 50 Cent as a headliner.

Really don't see Craig David as a R+L type act personally but fuck knows anymore.

Not really relevant (except that he'll probably be at the festival again) but Frank Turner subbing Blink on their arena tour is a bit weird considering he was only headlining those arenas himself a couple of years ago. Wonder where R+L will put him this year.