2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be very exciting for the fans to get the chance to see TDCC incase they forgot to see them in 2016.

Must also be exciting for the fans to get the chance to see Rat Boy incase they forgot to see them in 2016...and 2015.

Edited by JonSnow

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Are TDCC subbing, then? 

Don't think it's been confirmed, and I'd certainly hope not as even though they've released a new album since playing last year that would take uninspired to a whole new level. Reckon it'll be third down for them (not much better, mind).

Edited by FloorFiller

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Certainly hope the proper announcement is a bit more impressive as those acts chosen by the Sun are terrible :lol:

To be honest I looked at the predictions for this announcement and wondered with some how strong they thought it would be. They've clearly spunked a lot on the headliners and relying heavy on that. JEW the only one I'm bothered about.

To be fair TDCC did clash with RHCP last year... and people could've chose the latter over Cinema Club.

Quite a poor announcement to be honest... was waiting on Royal Blood and Run The Jewels... on the plus I'm already seeing TDCC at Boardmasters so it doesn't really appeal too much to me anymore.

Eminem next then, lets hope it's not as disappointing as todays announcement, don't want my money going to waste here .

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Don't think it's been confirmed, and I'd certainly hope not as even though they've released a new album since playing last year that would take uninspired to a whole new level. Reckon it'll be third down for them (not much better, mind).

Not confirmed but looking at last years second announcement (foals/disclosure, imagine dragons) i'd guess that they are unfortunately subbing :(

7 minutes ago, Frangipane said:

Can anyone tell me, please, roughly when day splits are announced, and when day tickets go on sale?

Roughly 4/5 weeks time when the final headliner is announced.

Kinda already predicted that Muse will be at Reading(Friday) / Leeds(Saturday) - Eminem Reading(Saturday) / Leeds(Sunday) - Kasabian Reading(Sunday) / Leeds(Friday)

Just now, Bisque said:

I think us efesters have to remember that most R&L attendees will have never have seen these bands before, let alone at the last years fest

Only act I've seen on the lineup so far is only Bastille. So I am looking forward to seeing Muse and Kasabian but quite disappointed the undercard doesn't give off any excitement for me in all honesty.

Just now, Andre91 said:

Fatboy Slim headlining the NME one night and Bastille headlining with FLUME playing a closing set on another. That's what I'm going for. And then someone like Brand New with JEW subbing them for the final night. 

Just can't see Brand New headlining NME - if they're booked I'd say they're far more likely to just be lumped on the main stage again, like JEW inevitably will as well

First announcement I was sold on Muse but that's me being completely obsessed with them.

This announcement, I'm excited for Kasabian but tagging everything with *UK Exclusive* when they're appearing at every other European festival makes it pointless. TDCC is ridiculous, I was expecting at least one of YMAS, Royal Blood or maybe even Twenty One Pilots. There's no real selling point to this announcement that sets it apart from other festivals across Europe for me.

45 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Fatboy Slim headlining the NME one night and Bastille headlining with FLUME playing a closing set on another. That's what I'm going for. And then someone like Brand New with JEW subbing them for the final night. 

If TDCC are subbingoing, surely Bastille are, they are easily bigger than TDCC. Plus they are same font as TDCC and ML. Fatboy Slim is smaller.