2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gah you lot are all a bit negative aren't you, for me personally it's pretty good.

Great to see Two Door again as I didn't get to see them last year as I saw RHCP.

Kasabisn will be great and I've never had the chance to see them before.

Fatboy Slim will be ace, bit of an obscure booking for R + L which is nice to see.

Circa Waves, Rat Boy and Jimmy Eat World will all be fun, I've seen them all before but they're always good live. 

Not too bothered about Wiley or Amity Affliction but I'd go see Wiley if there was nothing else on

All in all pretty good for me.

1 minute ago, AdamJansson88 said:

Would make perfect sense, has to be a fairly big band at least especially as they've go their own announcement

Would also explain why there's probably no subliner on the announcement today. I'd take Royal Blood, better than having them coheadline next year.

6 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Eagles of Death Metal announced themselves as part of their tour dates, though, didn't they?

Actually yeah I think you're right there. I guess the fact that R&L's social media are purposefully announcing that they're dropping an act tomorrow lends it to be being a bigger one than Don Broco, I think they kinda dropped that out of the blue.  

Edited by JSmurphy

33 minutes ago, VinylDelusion said:

I'm sure Alexisonfire had a stand-alone announcement as well back in 2015?

I remember them being announced alone too.

39 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Actually yeah I think you're right there. I guess the fact that R&L's social media are purposefully announcing that they're dropping an act tomorrow lends it to be being a bigger one than Don Broco, I think they kinda dropped that out of the blue.  

This is a good point, i'm pretty sure Alexisonfire and EoDM were also dropped out of the blue also.

For me personally it's not a bad announcement. Nothing there that's amazing but pretty much all of them I will see if there's no clashes. What annoys me though is the repeat bookings from last year. Three of them out of this announcement of nine played last year and two of which headlined a tent. Very uninspiring really but could have been a lot worse.