2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Haven't the lineup announcements tended to be on Fridays, though? Or am I mistaken?

Last one was a Wednesday iirc.

Wasn't really responding to the probability of Craig David foretelling the announcement being tomorrow, just whether he's appropriate for it. This is peak festival announcement period though and there'll be plenty announced tomorrow with or without R+L.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Last one was a Wednesday iirc.

Wasn't really responding to the probability of Craig David foretelling the announcement being tomorrow, just whether he's appropriate for it. This is peak festival announcement period though and there'll be plenty announced tomorrow with or without R+L.

Oh yeah I was referring to the guy who initially posted it saying "with the announcement coming presumably tomorrow". I think he could play, but I think it'll more likely be a different festival.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

:lol:

Regardless of who the rest of the undercard is I imagine that trio of headliners with Royal Blood below one of them would/will go down very well. Not for me, and they could always fuck it up with the rest of the undercard, but it's looking to be a pretty strong year imo

Not even sure how or why I came into this conversation. I'll remind you of the strength when they don't make any effort with the undercard because all headliners are £60 acts on their own ;P.

Edited by thewayiam

5 minutes ago, callum97 said:

perhaps Craig David is going to be announced then, maybe closing set for NME or dance headliner

I'd certainly hope for the latter but judging by his tour dates I wouldn't bet against R&L putting him on NME. 

Edited by JSmurphy

2 hours ago, jakecase said:

The VIP thing is for his UK Tour I think. Nevertheless I wouldn't mind seeing him at R&L. Saw him at Common People last year and it was a pretty decent show, don't think he'd be main stage worthy for R&L though.

Could also be Mutiny who are announcing their "Sunday special guests" tomorrow. Same festival with 50 Cent as a headliner.

Nah just looked and the VIP passes are for the festival, so I don't think it'll be R&L.

8 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

The Jamie XX slot from last year maybe? Edit - 2015 I mean

It's really difficult to try and gauge the placements of the 'Dance' acts, with R&L competing with SW4 and Creamfields for acts to perform over the same weekend.

I think (and hope) if there's an act of that kind that's going to close NME on one night it'll be Flume, although I wouldn't rule out the possibility of something like Clean Bandit, Years & Years or The Chainsmokers. 

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah that's a good point I was thinking of the ones back when I was in year 10. Which was 2010.

That explains why you barriered for them two in 2011 then. :lol:

I'm not really taking much from that line up bc I dunno how big they are in the US compared to here but I can't see a reality where 30STM even subs a major festival in 2017. I bet even Kerrang! has just about forgotten them and that thing is a time capsule.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I'm not really taking much from that line up bc I dunno how big they are in the US compared to here but I can't see a reality where 30STM even subs a major festival in 2017. I bet even Kerrang! has just about forgotten them and that thing is a time capsule.

Very true, but i think they have a new album coming out this summer? 

36 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Muse and Elbow :P 30STM subbed MCR.

I actually caught the last 5 mins of 30STM before Depeche Mode at Werchter and fuck me it was the most cringey thing I've ever seen. Jared Leto thanking "all the believers out there" who'd made this possible etc. before playing some dirge of a tune.

Edit: But yeah I don't think they could sub R&L now.

Edited by Will-2609