PEARL JAM TO HEADLINE 2016

guypjfreak

Yeah, I'm just watching the PJ20 gig now.  Thankfully I was saved by an excellent cover of under pressure and then stumbling across them performing Hunger strike with Chris Cornell and have been singing my lungs out while I try and shake off a hangover.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Imminent tour news coming according to their latest tweet. More likely for Reading and Leeds or could we see them at Glastonbury finally? And if so, would they only get an Other Stage headline slot these days?

Someone posted somewhere yesterday that it's been confirmed by Festileaks in an interview with a festival boss from abroad that they won't be coming to Europe this year 

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

It's been discussed, but they're headlining the pyramid. And that's final.

i expect the news is them headlining bonaroo

I have no doubt that it's been discussed to death, but with the latest tweet it brings it back into relevance. Looks like the hashtag #PJTour2016 suggests more than just one date, doesn't it? I admire your PJ enthusiasm and share your hope. The only reason I suggested RnL is because they have an announcement this month too apparently and apart from maybe Isle of Wight it's probably the only festival in the UK that fits. That said, there's an argument that they might not even fit RnL these days. Either way, would love to see them at Glastonbury in some capacity

thanks WOFFY old son .......shit man im on the whisky now ....look wot youve done my wifes gonna get it tonight ............heeeeeee heeeeeee

NOW LISTEN you can NEVER tell with glasto and as this is again my last one they will be playing .............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................i just dont know when now if you dont mind i have a fairy to bury.........hickup

9 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

are they? there's a lot of stuff on their forums that they won't be heading to Europe

Indeed, heard they were planning an EU tour but that it got pulled at the beginning of December, leaving a couple of festivals looking for new headliners.  

2 hours ago, 5co77ie said:

are they? there's a lot of stuff on their forums that they won't be heading to Europe

I've been following those forums pretty closely in the hope that PJ were playing NOS Alive. There were a set of rumoured dates floating around for Europe in the summer, there was then a rumour that those dates would not be happening (to accommodate Bonneroo and some other US festivals).

While I've no doubt those dates were pencilled in and then cancelled (hence "the European tour has been cancelled") I don't think anyone confirmed for sure that there were no European dates at all, just that the original European tour plans were cancelled. It's still possible they'll make their way over for a string of festivals over a fewer number of dates.

...then again they may just be waiting to announce more American dates in June and July.

I guess we won't know until something official is announced.

32 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Afraid so, my wife loves the Coldplay and she said something about them both doing global citizen and being mates from that.....

Nah my incredulity was at the suggestion that Coldplay would be asking their new good friends/band they once played the same festival as to come over for one show at Glastonbury, where they wouldn't be that big a headliner anyway.