Is it ok to be bricking it about oct tickets already

Respectfatfrog

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've managed to get tickets in each year since I started going 09,10,11,13,14,15 . The Euros are next year and my fellow glasto companions are looking to head over for that, whilst one of our past companions has declared his interest in going again. Come October though you know that we'll all be in the pot trying, and after that who knows!

I've been to Glastonbury each year since 02,03 missed out in 04,05 then tickets again 07,08,09,10,11,13,14,15 not once have I got my own ticket always had luck with others getting them for us except 07 when I secured coach tickets ( That was the coach shambles year ) we were left at Glastonbury and had to make our own way home :mad:  Hopefully I might get to book our own tickets this year and help some others like others have helped me.

P.S. I first went in 95 no ticket no problem :ninja:

I'm moving to Australia permanently late 2017 most likely so I am desperate to make the next two!

It won't stop. I now live in Australia and made the trip back this year. I have tentetive plans to return next year as well, ticket permitting. Travelling such a long way is tiring but exhilarating and in some ways makes the whole thing even more special. Depending on where you base yourself here, come June, you'll want to visit the UK for the heat and you'll come home with a tan. It's weird.

used to be fine - but the last 3 years no luck. My mate however has a magical 10 yr old laptop that comes out only for T day... and hasn't failed yet. Got in twice last year to help friends out. There's more than luck involved - must be something technical going on.

Don't worry, we have 't'internet over here and normally don't start drinking till after 10am.

Stupidly early Christening though @ 10am - although I guess the sale will be well done & dusted by that time considering how quickly tickets went for this year.  Drinking at 10am sounds marvellous to me.

I know its all about luck etc etc, but would it be of any use to try one computer at home on normal Virgin media broadband and one logged in to work server via citrix/vpn.

Would this make any difference or just be wasting my time (my computer knowledge is very limited!)

Umm.... Unless I'm being thick here, and it's happened before, how would registering twice make any difference?

So, get a ticket in the coach sale, then try general and if lucky to get a ticket in that one they can then throw the coach ticket back in the pot. Hedging ones bets. 

Q: Why did the cocktail bar at Cornish Arms have to be open when I got up and had my first morning wander?

A: So I could be horrifically hungover the next day

It was open proper early wasn't it? we were in there at something like just after 10ish on the Wednesday

I know its all about luck etc etc, but would it be of any use to try one computer at home on normal Virgin media broadband and one logged in to work server via citrix/vpn.

Would this make any difference or just be wasting my time (my computer knowledge is very limited!)

I wondered how it would be until the 'should I use multiple IP addresses' question came up. The best technical minds on this forum have pooled their knowledge over the years and come to the definitive answer:

Maybe. We don't know. The latency increase might hurt your chances. It's a very subtle numbers game. Might help.

I think Neil tried the full shebang with multiple IPs one year and didn't get a sniff. Next year he used one computer and got tickets fairly easily. Your anecdotes may vary.

So, maybe.

So, get a ticket in the coach sale, then try general and if lucky to get a ticket in that one they can then throw the coach ticket back in the pot. Hedging ones bets.

I believe they put some effort into cancelling both tickets in such situations.