• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not busy in June.

Still playing occasional dates.

Active in April/May.

Arguably better than Manilow.

bob-monkhouse-obit-comedy-450947.jpg

Nah....He was the legend in 2008, I saw him on the big screen. Sure it was him.

5 hours ago, Woffy said:

*Rock N Roll!

Maybe just soberly photocopy a picture of an arse on the photocopier and just talk about shagging whilst in a store cupboard rather than doing either for real.

You also have no ready made excuse to get off with that person you only found weirdly attractive that one time they dressed uncharacteristically nicely.

At one staff Christmas party that I went to I walked in to the blokes toilet to find the CEO on his hands and knees throwing up in to the toilet. I've always said that one should lead by example.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I don't suppose there's any chance of elaborating, or would further detail identify you?

See I initially read that he 'took one over the lectures rooms' - saucy sod. It doesn't say that though.

Edited by Woffy

14 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I don't suppose there's any chance of elaborating, or would further detail identify you?

I led a group of people into the lecture room and they sat while I lectured about sex positions. I was just on the topic of doing someone over a table when an employee came in and asked what we were doing.

I didn't explain.

#TeamSmokey

I thought we'd reached the nadir with Nal's post...but Scruffy trumped it ;-)

I have no idea who the legend is, it'd just be nice if next year there's more true musical legend about it and less cheese about the whole affair.

Last year - for the few minutes I was there (honest!) - it felt like we were all there to make Lionel's day and not primarily vice versa.

16 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Last year - for the few minutes I was there (honest!) - it felt like we were all there to make Lionel's day and not primarily vice versa.

That's not fair - I was there for the whole thing and he was amazed at the size of the crowd and the reaction he was getting from some of his songs. Sure he was enjoying himself but who wouldn't?

1 hour ago, Room to sway said:

That's not fair - I was there for the whole thing and he was amazed at the size of the crowd and the reaction he was getting from some of his songs. Sure he was enjoying himself but who wouldn't?

Is he a musical 'legend' though?

No.

But then, as Gnomicide said recently, its really (become / becoming) the 'Shit My Sister Listens To' slot...isn't it?

I'd say he is a legend, yeah. Maybe not top-tier stratospheric legendary status like the Rolling Stones but the guy's written some great (if cheesy) tunes that sold well and he was a fun way to spend an hour.

I'd go with CG's take on what the "legends slot" actually is, and I'm all for it being that - someone who has the showmanship and the tunes but that you're not likely to pay to go and see.

Edited by Room to sway

You will recall that Lionel tallied up the most votes of any performance of Glastonbury 2015 by members of this very forum!

I'm still not speaking to any of you.

Apropos of nothing, my sister threatened to bring her Diana Ross collection round to our house the other day. It's a sign.