The Gospel According To Ben The Newbie

bennyhana22

Fantastic essay Ben.

I took 2 newbies this year and I wish they had 5% of your enthusiasm and drive to enjoy all things Glasto!

Well done for watching so many acts and going there prepared enough to make the most of it - (never understood the go with the flow and see what happens attitude as you end up seeing fook all or at the most very little!).

Totally get your wed/thurs feelings. Over the years these 2 days have turned out to be my favourite of all and no different this year helped by the glorious weather.

Congrats on getting under the belly of the spider and having the time of your life - soooo many people dont bother then moan that the sounds not that good - well done you!

Only 355 days to go until you experience it all again and more.

BTW where was the underground piano bar this year?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Benthusiastic,

It was a pleasure to meet and camp with you, and share a couple of bands (centre of the stage, 15 rows back).

Such a great advert for intoxication in (at most) moderationmoderation - your mileage was off the chart.

I hope we have a repeat chance in 12 months time!

I bloody love Hot Chip.

Wow, Ben wow! How did you fit so much in!!!!

It was very nice to meet you at the meet, and I'm very happy to read you enjoyed the whole expirrences. Thanks for your enthusium on the run up and that very honest and naked review after. I look forward to meeting you again in 2016 and might even sign up to "a day with Ben" don't think I could keep up with you the whole weekend.

Larry

One question; can you still walk!!

This reminds me a bit of my first time in 07, definitely saw more bands that year (and in that mud!) than any other year.  I think I nearly killed myself from exhaustion.

Thanks for sharing your time, I'm glad we got the highs and the lows because I reckon you need those times of doubt and despair to make you feel like you've really survived!  This tale should be shared with all future newbies

Qaulity Ben feckin quality mate, hahahahaha.

Its how i remember my first walk up there last year, takes ya frickin breath away dunnit?

Fantastic review dude, i,m made up for you that you enjoyed it so much (can`t see you going anywhere else from now on!).

Although i agree on the stone circle part in the early hours it can get a bit drug supermarket/crack house but as long as you keep yourself to yourself it can still be an awesome experience.

Hoping to catch up next year dude and well done for doing so much mileage.  :thumbsu:

Good read ben, I went to the efests and should have asked who you were as fast becoming a bit of a legend here :P  I wish I'd seen half what you did and thought I'd seen a few :)

Glastonbury is like being on the biggest and best high, drug like, and when it's over your on such a down for a week or so, but wanting to experience that high again and again, you become truly addicted.

• 2 weeks later...

There definitely needs to be a tongue in cheek mini documentary featuring the efests famous faces giving advice for newbies filmed next year.

i could (and do) lecture any newbies on why they're doing Glasto wrong, and having the wrong sort of fun, and even if they tried they couldn't do it properly because they weren't there in the 90s.  

it wouldn't be tongue in cheek though.

I'm toying with attaching a GoPro to my head at night when Gillespied, though less to film an advisory documentary than to help me piece it all together again the next day when trying to determine my movements.

This is actually a fantastic idea.

I'm toying with attaching a GoPro to my head at night when Gillespied, though less to film an advisory documentary than to help me piece it all together again the next day when trying to determine my movements.

I'm one of those sad gets that takes a camera every year. Several times I've been reviewing the pictures the next morning in my tent and seen pics of things I'd forgotten I'd been to/seen the night before.

This reminds me a bit of my first time in 07, definitely saw more bands that year (and in that mud!) than any other year.  I think I nearly killed myself from exhaustion.

Same here 2007 I saw more music than i thought possible, literally running / gliding in the mud from stage to stage to take everything in. Have not done as much music since, but still have long days of Glasto experiences like Benny (also sober Glasto). 

Was great meeting you Benny, so much enthusiasm and the best tent skills i have ever seen (i swear you must have ironed your tent), and so glad we were strict with you to not look back when we marched you up to the Glasto sign, was a privilege to share that moment with you. So long as the Glasto gods permit, will see you again next year

I'm one of those sad gets that takes a camera every year. Several times I've been reviewing the pictures the next morning in my tent and seen pics of things I'd forgotten I'd been to/seen the night before.

Ditto. We have an old digital camera that we really wouldn't be too upset to lose so I take that, means I can use a Nokia festi phone and still get pics. Last couple of years I've been meaning to set my festi phone alarm to go off every hour as a nudge to take more - and to give a better idea of quite where we went - but haven't got around to it yet. Next year!