Blasphemy

ColdSideofthePillow

This thread is a beautiful thing. To the OP, anytime you want to meet up let me know. Greg on 07725734512

If that's your real name and telephone number then I advise you to also seek the attention of those professionals in attendance in the Medical Tent. Only joking - that's big hairy bollocks putting your phone number out there - you are likely to get the likes of me phoning you up all the time now!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not there, I'm not sure I'll ever go back though I loved every second of my 14 glastos and this thread has reminded me why. To the OP. Im glad you've found a place for the weekend where you feel.more comfortable, take it easy, you don't have to do everything and you're experience will be all the better for taking the time to take it all in. Kalifire and everyone else who has offered assistance. You are examples of all that is good about those fine Somerset fields

Coldside, it sounds a lot to me like you've experienced an anxiety attack. I suffer from them myself, in fact I did last night. Feeling a bit better this morning, just need to get some food in me and I should be ready for the rest of the fest. If you're in Lime Kiln now, you're just next door to us in Wicket family field. I'll PM you my number, let me know if you need a chat, and I can meet you.

Update on this. I located this lovely chap and we shifted up to Lime Kiln. He's gone from a rubbish position with shitty neighbours, noise and a massive walk over guide ropes, to a breathtaking view of the festival, a great walk down to the action and a much quieter, more spacious field. I'm sure he'll post himself but right now he's probably chatting to his friendly, welcoming new neighbours who have already been kind and generous towards him.

We'll meet tomorrow and by hook or by crook, this man is going to have an incredible festival.

What a man! true glastonbury spirit!

This is partly the reason I will be camping on the east side of the festival again next year when i return. I have done 5 years in oxylers now 5 in Kidney mead previous to that. Then last year I was in family camping as i had my little one with us. It made us realise just how much better the atmosphere is on the east side. So much more friendly and welcoming. To use an old cliché more of a "Glastonbury Feel". I could not make it this year( a very sore point in my house haha, but its for very good reasons) but i will definately go to the east side next year!

hats off to all that have helped this guy! hopefully he will enjoy his festival now!

Had a decent nights kip and have just come back to the tent after getting some breakfast, so humid, would love the breeze to pick up. Still feel achy and a bit rough but that's how it goes.

Gonna take it easy today, just relax - tomorrow is where the fun begins

Edited by ColdSideofthePillow

Had a decent nights kip and have just come back to the tent after getting some breakfast, so humid, would love the breeze to pick up. Still feel achy and a bit rough but that's how it goes.

nice to read you're still here and talking about tomorrow in a positive way.hats off to you for sticking it out and to the majestic kalifire for helping someone in need. Us efesters should see your beer for the weekend . A genuine well done and keep up the work

Good idea, take it at your own pace. Too many people don't do this, feel that they should be having the most amazing time all the time. Potter round a bit, take in the sights, don't force it and you'll be doing great in no time. 

Mate, do you have your phone on you? Give me a text. I've pm'd you my number. Let's have a chat and a pint. If I shift my tent slightly and yours is small, you can camp with me if you like. I'm next to a lovely community of young greens just up from where you are at Pennards. They'll give you a hug, a shoulder to cry on and a cup of tea.

This place is huge. It can be overwhelming and all a 'bit much'. So much hype, so much expectation on yourself to enjoy it. It's ok that you're not but don't resign yourself to that.

If you're not inclined to do any of the above, please take yourself to the healing fields. There are some lovely, lovely people you can talk to there. They'll listen, they'll understand and they'll help.

If all else fails, get yourself a few drinks and instead of pressuring yourself to enjoy everything, go and be sad up at Green Futures where there's a lovely gently acoustic sound flowing all afternoon.

Also, come to the meet if you feel up to it.

It'll be alright, mate. Go easy on yourself and try to relax.

best post I've ever seen on these boards

true legend Kali!

Kalifire is a true gent salt of the earth. He assisted me to lower the tent and carry a super heavy rucksack all the way from oxylers to lime kiln.

People here seem much friendlier. I need to get some food now and/or go to the medical facility.

Thank you to kalifire and everyone that has been supportive. Sorry I cannot be at the meet tonight but a few of you now have my number so there's still 4 days to go isn't there :)

Lime Kiln. Is lovely. We are pitched up here just down from the red gazebo. Hope you have a better day today xx

Just a quick update, I'm now back at home, couldn't hack the heat. I now realise the glaring stupid errors I made pre Glastonbury, I wasn't physically fit enough to withstand the rigours of a 5 day festival in searing heat.

I didn't drink enough water or use enough suncream, I didn't wear a hat, or sleep much the Tuesday night which affected me on Wednesday. Being alone and not having the confidence to attempt to make friends made the day and a bit I was there mind numbingly tedious and boring, it was way too hot for me and being a diabetic I sweat even when the snow comes so this was s nightmare.

If I ever attempt to go again, I probably wouldn't camp, as physically I just cannot manage it, plus I would look to arrive Friday.

I won't apologise for the fact I've left, my head is red as a tomato and I feel shaky on my feet but hopefully that'll Improve.

I got the free bus to castle Cary then a train to Bristol and then a megabus back to Birmingham and arrived home about 830 yesterday evening.

I hope you all enjoy the festival, this has been a lesson learned for me.

Just a quick update, I'm now back at home, couldn't hack the heat. I now realise the glaring stupid errors I made pre Glastonbury, I wasn't physically fit enough to withstand the rigours of a 5 day festival in searing heat.

I didn't drink enough water or use enough suncream, I didn't wear a hat, or sleep much the Tuesday night which affected me on Wednesday. Being alone and not having the confidence to attempt to make friends made the day and a bit I was there mind numbingly tedious and boring, it was way too hot for me and being a diabetic I sweat even when the snow comes so this was s nightmare.

If I ever attempt to go again, I probably wouldn't camp, as physically I just cannot manage it, plus I would look to arrive Friday.

I won't apologise for the fact I've left, my head is red as a tomato and I feel shaky on my feet but hopefully that'll Improve.

I got the free bus to castle Cary then a train to Bristol and then a megabus back to Birmingham and arrived home about 830 yesterday evening.

I hope you all enjoy the festival, this has been a lesson learned for me.

Sorry that it didn't work out but at least you stuck around and tried it for a bit longer.   Even as someone who's been many times last year I had a definate downer - I usually go solo but last year I realised that a lot of my friends weren't there and I think sometimes the isolation can get to you. I was also up in the Mead area and the tenting up there is silly with so many idiots just arriving late on Thurs/Friday and camping on top of you.

I think I always made sure I got a good breakfast inside of me each day.. it just ensured I was setup for the rest of the day.     By saturday evening though I'd totally lost my mojo and I packed up Sunday and left about midday.    This year I'm having a year off.. ready to be refreshed for next year.

So much love for all the people who helped you on here.. that's the glasto/efestivals spirit really at its best.

Edited by tumbles

You've done the right thing, ColdSide, and that's what was best for you. You came, you tried and you didn't give in when you were considering it on Wednesday afternoon. You stuck in there and it was a pleasure to meet you. Time to relax, re-hydrate and pat yourself on the back for giving it a good go. It's not for everybody and for many some years just don't seem to work; don't seem to click.

Please don't be hard on yourself about this. I suspect you'll be tempted to do so, but try not to. You're a great bloke. Maybe there's next year, maybe there isn't. But now you can say you've been and given it a go, and that's why it's all about.

I'm raising my paper cup for you here.

You've done the right thing, ColdSide, and that's what was best for you. You came, you tried and you didn't give in when you were considering it on Wednesday afternoon. You stuck in there and it was a pleasure to meet you. Time to relax, re-hydrate and pat yourself on the back for giving it a good go. It's not for everybody and for many some years just don't seem to work; don't seem to click.

Please don't be hard on yourself about this. I suspect you'll be tempted to do so, but try not to. You're a great bloke. Maybe there's next year, maybe there isn't. But now you can say you've been and given it a go, and that's why it's all about.

Thanks mate, you really have made me think that this world ain't half brilliant sometimes with putting yourself out for me.

I suppose in a sense I now know damn sure what works for me and what doesn't. If I went to Glastonbury again I would know what things to avoid and what can make my experience better.

I don't think I'll be watching any of the coverage on the telly. My Glastonbury is done now.

Thanks mate, you really have made me think that this world ain't half brilliant sometimes with putting yourself out for me.

I suppose in a sense I now know damn sure what works for me and what doesn't. If I went to Glastonbury again I would know what things to avoid and what can make my experience better.

I don't think I'll be watching any of the coverage on the telly. My Glastonbury is done now.

Glad you're ok and don't regret your decision, as I said 5 days is too long for a lot of us,h a ha