Sub to be added?

Matt42

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe so many people are so negative on Elbow, fantastic band IMO. Take Off & Landing is one of the best albums they've made.

That said I wouldn't want to see them sub again. Seen the three times in the last 12 months, would prefer something different.

I think age has a lot to do with it, Elbow have been around longer than some posters on here have been alive and as such they don't know better even if they think they do.

And no I'm not being condescending, its a fact that as a youth you are programmed to rebel - especially if you're male. It doesn't make em right or wrong - thinking the same 10 years later does....

Not one to knock the festival.

But fuck me if it's Elbow. Subbing 2 years on the run? Let's say 75% of festival goers went last year, who will want to see them? A lesser group, that's for sure.

Florence getting bumped up, I can understand, she almost definitely would headline in the future anyway, but Elbow?! As someone else said, Stereophonics and James, may not be to everyones taste, BUT at least it's something different. Foals? Mark Ronson? Anyone but Elbow :lol:

There will be loads of fuming people.

I think age has a lot to do with it, Elbow have been around longer than some posters on here have been alive and as such they don't know better even if they think they do.

And no I'm not being condescending, its a fact that as a youth you are programmed to rebel - especially if you're male. It doesn't make em right or wrong - thinking the same 10 years later does....

Dude! Really?

Para 1 - How the fuck do you know that so definitively? Especially starting with an, "I think..."

Para 2 - Well, you are. In pretty much all that.

Dude! Really?

Para 1 - How the fuck do you know that so definitively? Especially starting with an, "I think..."

Para 2 - Well, you are. In pretty much all that.

How do I? Because those that have studied it have shown it to be true!

Para 1, The I think is because I, like you unless you stalk everyone know the posters age!

Para 2, Am certain the results deduced apply to you, someone who is quick to judge before knowing the answer yourself!

Can I publicly apologies for bringing up Elbow in the first place.

Hangs head in shame...

P.S. I used to love Elbow, I still like them a lot, but evey single one of the 8 or 9 times I have seen them in the past 10 years was worse (sorry not quite as good) as the last time I saw them. That's partly due to each album being slightly more mainstream friendly than the last ever since 'that' album, which included 'that' song. I did actually like the last album

Still a great band, and a great live band in my opinion. They just need to do mix it up a bit, and not regurgitate the same songs they have been churning over and over again like they have been doing since 2008, albeit with 1 or 2 oldies they've chucked in recently. Their setlist at Pinkpop a few days back was really poor

If they were to be announced then for the first time ever I think they wouldn't be on my 'must sees' this year. That's a shame for a band I used to love

Edited by dingbat2

Realistically I can see it being Elbow. I think at this late stage we're in 'Friends of the festival' territory to fill that gap. Subbing 3 festivals out of 4 does make it sounds awfully uninspired but its an unusual situation so needs must.

Maybe it is someone at BST though. Kylie? Chic? Beck? The Strokes?

BBC 6 have a music news interview/article with EE (probably just about Flo) - but they did also mention that the music news will also have something about ride (not said in the same context as the EE interview, but mentioned anyway...could just be about the UK tour??).