Sub to be added?

Matt42

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't take anyone professing to be in the know on the internet seriously.

Until they're proved right of course. But it won't be Elbow. Please not Elbow.

They're on my list of extreme hatred alongside Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran and Gary Barlow. Oh, and Michael Owen's voice.

Edited by paulmuchmore

As shit as it sounds it's something that I reckon could actually happen

Eavis and Garvey are very close, and I think they are one band that if needed, would say yes.

Honestly, Im not arsed as I already have plans which don't invilve the pyramid after Motorhead. A stellar sub would throw a spanner in the works for me.

Elbow would be a massive turn off. I'm sure Guy Garvey is a nice guy but he's really hanging onto the success by their one hit wonder. It's exactly the sort of music that Glasto need to leave behind. Getting Elbow would really be rubbing my wounds of losing FF.

One hit wonder?

Okay......

if they are thinking of only adding one act between Flo and Motorhead they're definitely gonna move the other acts time slots around and ruin my Friday schedule, aren't they? :(

Yeah ! I'm just gunna wait until they've done the full lot and then take to the Clashfinder rather than dive in now.

Mark Ronson said he thought Bruno Mars was going to join him at a couple of festival dates this summer when he was on Chatty Man. Presumably, Bruno could sing with Ronson then nip between stages and play the Pyramid. Not a personal preference, just a (possibly) plausible thought.

For Pete's sake, though, Eavii. Book James, Ride or The National instead.

Edited by jimmyt

would have to give them 2+ hours to not mess up the current Pyramid timings - there's a 3 hour 45 minute gap there to fill

They wouldn't have to play that long.

Remember that over the past few years the Festival seems to have increased the gaps between bands especially later in the day. Used to be that gap half an hour was standard, now there's hour long gaps before Kanye and The Who.

An hour before Flo, and another one before the Sub would leave a 1:45 slot which isn't that unrealistic.

They wouldn't have to play that long.

Remember that over the past few years the Festival seems to have increased the gaps between bands especially later in the day. Used to be that gap half an hour was standard, now there's hour long gaps before Kanye and The Who.

An hour before Flo, and another one before the Sub would leave a 1:45 slot which isn't that unrealistic.

seems unrealistic to me that they'd give the sub longer than the headliner. an hour before the headliner, sure, but an hour before the sub seems a bit excessive. definitely gonna be some time shifting done imo (although due to the circumstances i suppose they could always just have Motorhead play a little longer or something similar)

Let the bands on the pyramid have 5-10 minutes more and that means that half an hour - an hour is taken up. Which means that the sub would get an hour / hour and 10 mins.

Only way I can see that working out, with an hours gap between them and Flo.

seems unrealistic to me that they'd give the sub longer than the headliner. an hour before the headliner, sure, but an hour before the sub seems a bit excessive. definitely gonna be some time shifting done imo (although due to the circumstances i suppose they could always just have Motorhead play a little longer or something similar)

Ok then, although a little shifting is all it needs to be-

Give Mary J Blige an extra 10 minutes (so becomes a 70 minute slot finishing at 17:10)

Start Motorhead 15 minutes later than currently scheduled and give them an extra 15 minutes (so they run 17:45 to 19:00 instead of 17:30 to 18:30)

Have a 45 minute gap before the Sub and an hour afterwards (consistent with the other days), that leaves a sub-headliner playing 19:45 to 21:15 - a 90 minute slot which is the same as Flo is playing and something that's been done before.

Edited by incident

Ok then, although a little shifting is all it needs to be-

Give Mary J Blige an extra 10 minutes (so becomes a 70 minute slot finishing at 17:10)

Start Motorhead 15 minutes later than currently scheduled and give them an extra 15 minutes (so they run 17:45 to 19:00 instead of 17:30 to 18:30)

Have a 45 minute gap before the Sub and an hour afterwards (consistent with the other days), that leaves a sub-headliner playing 19:45 to 21:15 - a 90 minute slot which is the same as Flo is playing and something that's been done before.

yeah i guess something like this could work - but unfortunately for me would still ruin my Friday schedule (Motorhead finishing at 6.30 and then Run The Jewels starting at 7.00 on West Holts was exactly how i wanted it to go). but i'll wait and see how it goes down before i start moaning about all that - it was just working out so perfectly for me :P