Are you fit and ready for whats to come ?

swede

It was really hard to take. The worst bit was on the Sunday me and the wife had a bit of time to ourselves, she just broke down in tears at one point at how miserable our friends had made it at certain points, I remember her saying "this is our special place and they've fucking ruined it", like I said we've got unfinished business this year

Hope you have a brilliant time this year.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all well, had a almighty flare up in one of my disabilities a few weeks back. Really do not want to go this year but I have convinced myself that I will have a great time, made some great friends over the past few festivals so looking forward to catching up.

Not at all well, had a almighty flare up in one of my disabilities a few weeks back. Really do not want to go this year but I have convinced myself that I will have a great time, made some great friends over the past few festivals so looking forward to catching up.

Good luck and take it easy fella - always good to remember so many people have such a good time having totally different experiences to you every festival so you can't really miss, just gotta work out where you're shooting from

It was really hard to take. The worst bit was on the Sunday me and the wife had a bit of time to ourselves, she just broke down in tears at one point at how miserable our friends had made it at certain points, I remember her saying "this is our special place and they've fucking ruined it", like I said we've got unfinished business this year

I can already tell you are going to have a ridiculously special weekend. Good on you, man.

I was doing a great job of getting fit for glasto but in the last few weeks I've fallen of the wagon and eaten like a pig and put on a fair whack of the weight i'd lost

I've been keeping up with the running every week but not as much as I would have liked, hopefully my legs will be in good shape for all the walking

My ears hurt, more so when I listen to anything loud or trebly, as the consequence of rehearsing in band in front of a loud trebly Fender valve amp every week (with ear plugs). This is my only physical ailment at this stage, but I'll be bringing my ear plugs to Glastonbury with me for the first time to try to prevent further damage!

I'm in possibly the worst condition I have ever been in prior to a festival. Have been suffering with back and neck problems for months now (the back seems to have improved but the neck is getting worse and worse) and last week I rolled my ankle playing football and damaged the ligaments - was on crutches last week, can walk on it now though but it aches if I walk too much atm, which obviously is very worrying. I am hoping it continues to improve and doesn't affect me too much at Glastonbury but I know it will.

Had a stag do in Ibiza for 4 days last week which gave me a great insight into how less w*nkered I can afford to get these days before Beelzebub arrives in full attack mode.

There is no way I'm enduring another flight like that so Mr Moderation is now the name of the game.

Im empthaize.....if I could wish for one thing itd be my student drinking ability to do 3 hard nights without feeling to bad back from 12-13 years ago.......if I tried that now id be so hungover I wouldnt enjoy the fest at all. more a day time drinker nowdays....slow and steady.....old man esq haha

Aye lad we all have to accept it eventually!

The T-1000 of yesteryear is long gone.

Definitely getting more sleep at Glasto this year... sleeping tablets will be bought today 

I can still do pretty well on the drinking. However, I had to introduce two rules a few years back: I don't start drinking until after I've eaten something and I don't drink until after midday.

I'll start drinking after breakfast, just ease myself into the day, I smoke my glasto ciggies pretty much all day. I do have a rule that I cant start on the marching powder until after my lunch and then everything else until my last meal of the day, usually about 4-5.

Nothing worse than peaking too early at a festival. I usually pace through the day then get properly Gillespie'd at night.

Im usually at me pinnacle gillespied point as the headliners are on through till I leave the late night areas about 3-4.