2016 Other Stage headliners

Rose-Colored Boy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

Interesting, that leaves a big question mark really doesn't it, Disclosure? The Prodigy? Bon Iver? Sigur Ros? The 1975? There's quite a few names that'll be thrown about if BMTH is not to be

The Prodigy (who have yet to announce anything during the summer) and Sigur Ros (who have one UK date left to announce) are surely the main contenders if BMTH are out of the picture. Bon Iver doesn't seem to have announced anything bar that Tokyo festival, Disclosure look to be headlining Reading/Leeds, and The 1975... i just don't see it myself, although i guess they're always an outside bet

5 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

I don't buy Disclosure headlining R&L one bit, so they're my front runners for the third spot if BMTH are indeed out. 

I'd prefer Sigur Ros or The National but unfortunately I reckon we'll miss out. 

I read the R&L boards often, but wasn't the info about them and Foals pretty concrete? I thought it strange myself but as I said, I don't take a great deal of interest in the festival anymore 

33 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The Prodigy (who have yet to announce anything during the summer) and Sigur Ros (who have one UK date left to announce) are surely the main contenders if BMTH are out of the picture.

how do you figure The Prodigy are main contenders? surely the fact that they have nothing whatsoever planned after April and have already toured the shit out of this album for the last year points to them not playing at all?

9 minutes ago, theDandy said:

Is it too soon for Massive Attack?

You'd think so, their UK tour is pretty earlier in the year for them to be a contender too, but even so, it seems much too early for a return 

I wouldn't have guessed the trio of Rudimental, Deadmau5 and The Chems last year, so I'm willing to be surprised again this year 

I dont see these Canada dates as being nails in the BMTH coffin at all. Chances are they play the 24th in Montebello. That still leaves 2 days to get back for the Sunday night. Coldplay vs BMTH makes perfect sense. As much as i want it to he Sigur Ros, I dont think we're going to be so lucky.

4 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

I dont see these Canada dates as being nails in the BMTH coffin at all. Chances are they play the 24th in Montebello. That still leaves 2 days to get back for the Sunday night. Coldplay vs BMTH makes perfect sense. As much as i want it to he Sigur Ros, I dont think we're going to be so lucky.

Wasn't it suggested if BMTH were to be playing it would be the Saturday, or up against Adele? I'm sure I remember reading that on here, though it's possible I am making it up 

1 minute ago, suzie sue said:

One headliner must be the weekend, lcd to headline the west holts, last time they played they were way down on the other 

I'd love to know how you've arrived at that conclusion that one headliner MUST be The Weeknd, and the last time LCD played, they played second from the top on the other, reuniting and the hype that surrounds that, if they play, it'll be headlining the other stage, that much is certain

I don't think LCD Soundsystem are gonna headline the other, the fact they're headlining Coachella strengthens that idea i reckon. I would absolutely love them to do it but they're a lot more likely to go around the UK headlining smaller festivals that would pay them more than player a smaller slot at Glastonbury. They'll headline Bestival, Latitude and such, just like Outkast did in 2014 on their reunion tour.

Headliners'll be Sigur Ros, Disclosure and New Order I bet.

4 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I don't think LCD Soundsystem are gonna headline the other, the fact they're headlining Coachella strengthens that idea i reckon. I would absolutely love them to do it but they're a lot more likely to go around the UK headlining smaller festivals that would pay them more than player a smaller slot at Glastonbury. They'll headline Bestival, Latitude and such, just like Outkast did in 2014 on their reunion tour.

Headliners'll be Sigur Ros, Disclosure and New Order I bet.

I would take that bet, i can't see that being the trio personally 

LCD Soundsystem could play Bestival and Glastonbury, that's not completely ludicrous to suggest, they won't be at latitude, that's probably certain, no facts behind it, just doesn't make any sense. If what Neil says is right, and they are going to get a good chunk of money off Lovebox, why not play Glastonbury too?