Foo Fighters discussion

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell you what is saddening Bon Jovi reduced Livin on a prayer to acoustic, there was just no need!!!

Edit: actually what was even worse when they did cover of bloody Status Quo rocking all round over world that was truly shocking, least Foos pick decent covers!!

Rocking all over the world is a John Fogerty song. Quo covered it.

so, now that they're sadly not playing this year, do we think they'll be asked back to play next year? happened with U2 and i'd like to think they'd see it as unfinished business. whether it fits in to their schedule is another thing, but fingers crossed*

* i know Emily said that they already have all three headliners sorted for next year, but we're not gonna go and believe that for a second now, are we :P

so, now that they're sadly not playing this year, do we think they'll be asked back to play next year? happened with U2 and i'd like to think they'd see it as unfinished business. whether it fits in to their schedule is another thing, but fingers crossed*

* i know Emily said that they already have all three headliners sorted for next year, but we're not gonna go and believe that for a second now, are we :P

We could finally get our 4th headliner!

Hope Davey-boy Grohl gets well soon though. I bet he's gutted that he's had to cancel.

Neil McCormick from the Telegraph did an interview with Dave yesterday.

"I don’t think we understood the weight of headlining Glastonbury until they asked us. It’s more than just a festival, it’s an institution. To headline it is a landmark moment in a band’s career."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/11684482/Dave-Grohl-interview-Im-going-to-fix-my-leg-and-then-Im-going-to-come-back.html

• 2 months later...

i wouldn't complain about them being rebooked. even though them bailing this year resulted in me seeing my favourite set of the weekend (Hot Chip), i was still pretty gutted to not see them, and hopefully because of the circumstances of them having pulled out the previous year they'll play an extra special set (aka ditch the shitty covers section and replace it with songs from the first three albums... please)

i wouldn't complain about them being rebooked. even though them bailing this year resulted in me seeing my favourite set of the weekend (Hot Chip), i was still pretty gutted to not see them, and hopefully because of the circumstances of them having pulled out the previous year they'll play an extra special set (aka ditch the shitty covers section and replace it with songs from the first three albums... please)

They haven't been doing a covers section recently, at least they didn't do it at MK. Just some snippets while introducing the band, and Under Pressure.

I would do anything to hear Aurora live again, Good Grief, Generator, M.I.A. and Headwires too although i dont think they played 'Good Grief' too often anyway. its such a shame they seem to have consigned a lot of those great earlier album tracks to the history books or at the very least to one off intimate shows. It seems there is way too much emphasis on being a 'Stadium rock' band these days. Fair play as it has won them millions of fans and plaudits the world over, but from a purely selfish point of view... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease just play more of the first three albums!

They played Aurora on Saturday at MK at it was AMAZING!!! Well I loved it. Most folks around me didn't seem to know what was going on...

Really hope they play Glasto. And I get a ticket... They come out on my birthday, thats a good omen right?