Glastocam!

pauladam

21 hours ago, JayDiesel said:

Hypothetical question: If you were a keen, ticketless bean, and were insistent of getting into Glasto regardless, how long would you have to spend on the land (with extreme difficulty I imagine) before the fest starts? Presumably you'd have to be there before the fences go up, but it looks from this cam that you can waltz around the grounds and avoid higher-ups at this moment in time. When's the latest you could leave it? 

(I'm aware this is utterly impossible and you'd have to live off the land for weeks to make it to the start of the fest, but it's a fun hypothetical question to think about)

Personally, I'd say it'd go the other way - the longer you were there, especially before the serious numbers arrive, the higher the chance you get caught and turfed off. If I was going to try the above, I'd arrive on the Friday before the Festival (strict "high alert" kicks in on the Saturday) and blag through the gates - take a pick up truck up to one of the vehicle routes, fill it with planks of wood or something and say I'd been asked to drop it off in The Park or Block 9 or wherever.

If you're asking, effectively, "when is the fence complete and entrances monitored" - about a month before the festival, but how closely it gets monitored is more of a gradual thing. If you manage get the right time and location, should still be able to get on site without encountering security about 2 weeks before, maybe even a shade less.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incident said:

Personally, I'd say it'd go the other way - the longer you were there, especially before the serious numbers arrive, the higher the chance you get caught and turfed off. If I was going to try the above, I'd arrive on the Friday before the Festival (strict "high alert" kicks in on the Saturday) and blag through the gates - take a pick up truck up to one of the vehicle routes, fill it with planks of wood or something and say I'd been asked to drop it off in The Park or Block 9 or wherever.

If you're asking, effectively, "when is the fence complete and entrances monitored" - about a month before the festival, but how closely it gets monitored is more of a gradual thing. If you manage get the right time and location, should still be able to get on site without encountering security about 2 weeks before, maybe even a shade less.

Then you've got to stay undetected for five days. Won't they click that the vehicle doesn't have a pass and it get towed?

9 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Then you've got to stay undetected for five days. Won't they click that the vehicle doesn't have a pass and it get towed?

In my hypothetical, I'd get someone with a wristband to drive it off site.

Staying undetected those few days would be infinitely easier for those 5 days than it would have been at any point prior, with the ever increasing number of people on site each making you less likely to stick out.

13 minutes ago, incident said:

In my hypothetical, I'd get someone with a wristband to drive it off site.

Staying undetected those few days would be infinitely easier for those 5 days than it would have been at any point prior, with the ever increasing number of people on site each making you less likely to stick out.

Get a shit load of wristbands from elsewhere on, a high Vis, clipboard and radio and I guess you'd blend in pretty well

On 5/19/2022 at 9:29 AM, The Nal said:

Ok to do this on Windows.

Download "Lively Wallpaper" from the Microsoft store.

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/lively-wallpaper/9NTM2QC6QWS7?hl=en-us&gl=US

Once downloaded "Add wallpaper" up at the top. 

Paste "https://open-developments.co.uk/glastoCam/"

Give it a minute to load. Click on the Glasto webcam

Done.

You can close the Lively wallpaper app then. 

This still works

On 3/31/2023 at 1:07 PM, JayDiesel said:

Hypothetical question: If you were a keen, ticketless bean, and were insistent of getting into Glasto regardless, how long would you have to spend on the land (with extreme difficulty I imagine) before the fest starts? Presumably you'd have to be there before the fences go up, but it looks from this cam that you can waltz around the grounds and avoid higher-ups at this moment in time. When's the latest you could leave it? 

(I'm aware this is utterly impossible and you'd have to live off the land for weeks to make it to the start of the fest, but it's a fun hypothetical question to think about)

I met someone on the Tuesday night a few years ago who'd done this, he'd apparently been on site for between 10 days and 2 weeks at that point