Glastocam!

pauladam

21 minutes ago, William Mann said:

Weather is awful! Can’t imagine the can put the cover on during wet and windy weather. 

Yeah, the whole structure being soaked you'd think that putting a cover on would just lock in that moisture. 

So I presume they start work pretty much the day those covers get dropped at the corners … no reason they’d leave them out I guess . Need to check the weather thread to see if we have a break in the rain this week …. It’s all got a bit brighter here now but Pilton does seem to have weather of its own 

22 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

So I presume they start work pretty much the day those covers get dropped at the corners … no reason they’d leave them out I guess . Need to check the weather thread to see if we have a break in the rain this week …. It’s all got a bit brighter here now but Pilton does seem to have weather of its own 

Using the webcam tool I can see they were there in 2019 for at least 2 days before the covers went up.

They're still not there this year.

1st April 2019

Screenshot_20230328_124222_Chrome.jpg.fd72629658972680fad878b127a2df8d.jpg

11:10 3rd April 2019

Screenshot_20230328_124332_Chrome.thumb.jpg.390d89b59c7dc88198b570edbcc42b34.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Very cool. Doesn't seem to store any images at night though. The old webcam did ok at getting images at might (at least during the fest when there were some lights). Does this just bin purely black images and will store them when there is something to see? Or does it just not store images between certain hours?

Also are there any timelapse vids around? I did one in 2003 or 2004 I think but have lost it. 

34 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Very cool. Doesn't seem to store any images at night though. The old webcam did ok at getting images at might (at least during the fest when there were some lights). Does this just bin purely black images and will store them when there is something to see? Or does it just not store images between certain hours?

Also are there any timelapse vids around? I did one in 2003 or 2004 I think but have lost it. 

I don't know about the night time images but there are a few time-lapse videos on YouTube, this one from 2020 so nothing happens.

Edited by Gnomicide

2 hours ago, Breeze said:

The webcam generally seems to turn off just after sunset, and on again just before sunrise, with no images recorded overnight.

However, this seems to change during the actual festival, with images being captured 24 hours a day.

Note that the webcam tool doesn't store anything itself - it just looks for the images on the panomax servers that drive the BBC webcam, and pulls them from there. If the image for a particular date/time isn't there, it's not anywhere.

On 3/27/2023 at 6:07 PM, Mich1268 said:

Yay! After a long day, that has cheered me up. Down staying at the lion pilton this week (snuck in a stay for a work trip) hoping to have a stroll Thursday morning before heading back home. Hope I see something! 

I've got a work trip to Devon this week, Friday morning I'm going to pop by the festival on my way home to Manchester.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

I've got a work trip to Devon this week, Friday morning I'm going to pop by the festival on my way home to Manchester.

Does anyone remember when they usually stop allowing us walk around the site? It was around the time they started building the fence last year iirc. Mid-May time? 

I’d quite like to go before they do!

2 minutes ago, NaughtyCornerer said:

Does anyone remember when they usually stop allowing us walk around the site? It was around the time they started building the fence last year iirc. Mid-May time? 

I’d quite like to go before they do!

Early may bank holiday is when they shut the footpaths.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Anytime we’ve been down during the build we walk the lanes not closed off, well outside of the fence listening to the construction , it’s a long long way round! Last time we had  a chat with the security guard at Mary’s Gate, and guess who drove past and gave us a cheery smile and wave from his red Land Rover! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Any idea what they're up to to the right of the pyramid stage?

During the festival, this is used for tour bus parking. They appear to be digging the grass up.

I thought it might be new long drop pits but it just looks like they're removing turf.

5 minutes ago, MJP said:

Any idea what they're up to to the right of the pyramid stage?

During the festival, this is used for tour bus parking. They appear to be digging the grass up.

I thought it might be new long drop pits but it just looks like they're removing turf.

Adding hardcore. Means trackway won’t be needed.