Glastocam!

pauladam

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

The odd thing is that the cover bags are on the corners and have been there for over a week now … my only assumption is weather related delays … they aren’t going to be dressing her with a risk of thunderstorms for definate . 

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

Yeah I think it’s just that they’re waiting for a forecast of a couple of consecutive good days of weather to get it done.

I think it's the wind that's holding them back as its been pretty breezy in the SW as well as some thunderstorms.

Not sure what these are for, but as the ties are pretty horizontal it gives me the impression I wouldn't want to be working at height down there at the moment.

I've looked back previous years and by this stage the Ribbon Tower was also up, so I'm assuming it's just the fact the weather hasn't been settled for a few days straight to get these things done.

image.png.407210bf6a0cbdd002f3c69130c37c21.png

Looking back at roughly this time in the recent years:

2015 - Pyramid dressed and screen posts up to the side, ribbon tower and BBC Park structures in place. Other stage only just starting to lay trackway. Long drops up and fencing being laid out on ground

image.thumb.png.c334138817d3bd13bcd104ceb849df61.png

2016 - Pyramid undressed, though covers laid out ready to dress. Ribbon tower and BBC Park structures in place, no work stated on other stage and only the long drops at back of other stage up, fencing being laid out on ground.

image.thumb.png.a67b5123ab5dcc25947a5934eb70a4d4.png

2017 - Pyramid dressed, starting to build staging around it ready for towers to go up. Ribbon tower, BBC Park structure and Park stage going up. Starting to lay trackway for Other stage. Longdrops built, no sign of the fence.

image.thumb.png.e9a3c5f22dc36e6af0b5de0871641825.png

2019 - Pyramid dressed, starting to build staging around it for towers to go up. Ribbon tower, BBC Part structure and Park stage base up. Crane action at Other stage as it's about to be lifted. Longdrops built, loads of arcadia trackway as it was the start of the crane. No sign of the fence.

image.thumb.png.cb93fd810bf0f5273bf6b336f70b3a9d.png

2022 - Pyramid dressed, screen supports in place around it and dressing room areas erected. Ribbon tower and BBC Park structure up. Other stage on ground ready to be lifted. Longdrops built, arcadia action prepping to drop the crane base, fence in a similar place to this year.

image.thumb.png.5e059a4db8a255ddf44b7df3e34d0982.png

Edited by andymk
forgot to add 2022 picture
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Another section of fence in SE, heading to link with other section already built 

IMG_0495.thumb.png.46c65a763e8674b2bda38fe8061b0e5e.png

They're really powering along with the fence! Anyone care to bet what day they'll join up with the South Park section? I'm saying Monday 🙂

1 hour ago, andymk said:

Not sure what these are for, but as the ties are pretty horizontal it gives me the impression I wouldn't want to be working at height down there at the moment.

image.png.407210bf6a0cbdd002f3c69130c37c21.png

They are normally used on building sites (which the festival site is now) when there is a cable or something that is crossing the road. Acts as an early warning for tall vehicles. In theory it should stop vehicles hitting the cables.

• Upvote 1