Best coffee / food shop

DaveyGee

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manna Street Food on the stretch just before you reach West Holts was by far the best for me last year. Better than most restaurant food I've had.

Yes, had some Cambodian fare there which was fantastic. Nice pie shop next door as well.

I love Anna Mae's Mac'n'Cheese but I don't remember where they were last year. I was lost every time I found them.

there was a really nice grilled cheese place as well. don't remember the name, i guess it was grilled cheese van or something obvious. They were in a slightly muddy place, with some music on the background. that's all i can remember now.

Anna Mae's mac n cheese was beside the acoustic tent. Lovely.

Got to try Le Rac Shack, salivating here.

It's far from the best, but Kids Fields Cafe (think the names right) it's cheap, plentiful and good enough to fill you up. Same goes for the Tor Rugby club place.

I think you probably mean the Childrens World Cafe. It's certainly cheap but I wouldn't make the journey if you really appreciate a nice coffee. If anyone's not too fussy the pasta place opposite the Other stage does (or did) coffee for a quid - cheap cereal/porridge as well.

Yeah vegetarians are total c**ts.

The coffee place beside the fish curry stall at the right of the West Holts stage (as you look at it) is the best Ive had.

Another vote for the coffee stand in Holts. Great double espresso.

I think you probably mean the Childrens World Cafe. It's certainly cheap but I wouldn't make the journey if you really appreciate a nice coffee. If anyone's not too fussy the pasta place opposite the Other stage does (or did) coffee for a quid - cheap cereal/porridge as well.

I'm not certain but I think that could also be referring to the Street Sub Aqua cafe located between the Family Field and the Kidz Field. Not tried the coffee there but they do a reasonable full english breakfast and charge less than most places on site.

That's the one. It's nowt special, but it's cheap and you get loads for your money. Always go there for an emergency feed, sets me up for the day then I can seek out the good stuff in the evening.

Not sure if Common Ground Cafe still be there this year, but had a nice brew and a big lump of cake there a few years back and would recommend it.

Edited by TheNewUnion

It's annoying I can remember a lot of what I had but not really where to find them, I guess it didn't help that it was my first & didn't really know where I was until a few days in!

Is Manna the place that had about five woks on the go at once & the poor folks looked like they were about to pass out with the heat? I'm fairly sure it was, had an amazing pad Thai from them, really good shout.

The cheese truck was my personal highlight but then cheese is a religion to me. http://www.thecheesetruck.co.uk/new-gallery/

There was a really good coffee place which I think was near the entrance to the Kidz Field but I may be wrong, seem to remember they also did organic veggie food & even had their own loyalty vouchers! The best coffee by far though I stumbled across on the way back from the tomato fight, not sure to be honest but might gave been in Avalon, quite a small hut which I think had a posh sounding name probably some fancy-pants beans from London, but they clearly took their coffee making very seriously. Wish I could remember their name or even the field heh.

Edited by SimplyFred

Le Rac Shack is my absolute fave. However, Manic Organic is amazing too. I also found a great soup place on the walk from West Holts to Stone Circle. There is also the best falafel wrap place on the path by Pennard Organic Wine, which I think is off from West Holts towards Avalon field. There is so much more though!

Just north of Yeoman's Bridge on the left is Yam The Cassava. Shonky looking food outlet with a ramshackle tarp/tent structure where you can sit down to eat.

IMO the best food on site by a long chalk. Creole food (good variety...meat/fish/veggy) served on a real plate with real knives and forks. Absolutely delicious. Got best something or other award about four or five years ago by GFL. We we eating when it was presented to them.

Additional entertainment from observing the ancient totally laid back,red eyed boss being constantly berated by his kids who run around keeping everything together.

Foodwise, one or the best kept secrets on site.

soak up the atmosphere as well as enjoy as

many bands as possible.

Thanks

If you chase bands for the duration you will miss the real Glastonbury. There is SO much more than what is programmed on the big stages. By all means choose two, three or four bands each day but make sure you launch yourself into the more unusual side of it all.

What type of food did they sell? I'm such a sucker for garlic I'd eat it roasted with a spoon.

they did chilli, garlic bread and some other stuff which i didn't try. the chilli and garlic bread were delicious! the only thing that slightly brightened up my hideously hungover Sunday last year, and well worth stinking like garlic for the rest of the day for