Best coffee / food shop

DaveyGee

Just north of Yeoman's Bridge on the left is Yam The Cassava. Shonky looking food outlet with a ramshackle tarp/tent structure where you can sit down to eat.

IMO the best food on site by a long chalk. Creole food (good variety...meat/fish/veggy) served on a real plate with real knives and forks. Absolutely delicious. Got best something or other award about four or five years ago by GFL. We we eating when it was presented to them.

Additional entertainment from observing the ancient totally laid back,red eyed boss being constantly berated by his kids who run around keeping everything together.

Foodwise, one or the best kept secrets on site.

Love this place, it is a godsend in the rain, great food, great place.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you chase bands for the duration you will miss the real Glastonbury. There is SO much more than what is programmed on the big stages. By all means choose two, three or four bands each day but make sure you launch yourself into the more unusual side of it all.

Agreed, I guess I'm just so excited and want to enjoy as much as possible, but I know you are right :-)

I think I'll pace myself accordingly.

Thanks

Just north of Yeoman's Bridge on the left is Yam The Cassava. Shonky looking food outlet with a ramshackle tarp/tent structure where you can sit down to eat.

IMO the best food on site by a long chalk. Creole food (good variety...meat/fish/veggy) served on a real plate with real knives and forks. Absolutely delicious. Got best something or other award about four or five years ago by GFL. We we eating when it was presented to them.

Additional entertainment from observing the ancient totally laid back,red eyed boss being constantly berated by his kids who run around keeping everything together.

Foodwise, one or the best kept secrets on site.

I totally forgot what this place was called but I went there last year and the food was incredible! The portions are huge, but I remember it being quite expensive. It was worth it though. I would rather pay a little extra for something delicious than still be massively overcharged for a disappointing burger and cold soggy chips! I will for sure be returning here this year. I am taking a friend this year (hes a glasto virgin) who has been dieting for the past year and has lost a significant amount of weight, however he has agreed to sod the diet for 5 days and enjoy the abundance of amazing food on offer at glasto! This place will be one of our first stops for a good feed!! V. excited

they did chilli, garlic bread and some other stuff which i didn't try. the chilli and garlic bread were delicious! the only thing that slightly brightened up my hideously hungover Sunday last year, and well worth stinking like garlic for the rest of the day for

They did a garlic chicken, mushroom, rice and salad dish which was great too.

It was about £8 or £9 though.

I ate there twice and will again this year

I am definitely going to make plans to find this place. The stench of garlic will probably complement the stench of my body odour anyway. As I take a tag along, combining that meal with some bread will probably make a reasonable meal for two.

I totally forgot what this place was called but I went there last year and the food was incredible! The portions are huge, but I remember it being quite expensive. It was worth it though.

Totally worth it...

Don't remember it being crazy price though....Max price for a meal maybe £8.50? Compare that with a sit down meal with delicious food on any high street in the UK?

Glad I'm not the only one one here that has been there :)

(Oh, and they don't sell alcohol, but you are more than welcome to bring your own)

I am definitely going to make plans to find this place. The stench of garlic will probably complement the stench of my body odour anyway. As I take a tag along, combining that meal with some bread will probably make a reasonable meal for two.

It was between the Pyramid and John Peel. (Closer to the JP) It was the only decent place to eat around there.

So from all this I know now I need to find Calum's Real coffee for my fix and Le Rac shack cos that sounds epic!

Can't remember what it was called but I would remember it if I saw it but I also need to find a jerk chicken place that was there 2 years ago (yes I know there's loads) that was in between pyramid and bandstand - was on the same row as a great tasting hot chocolate stall

Where was this? Looks amazing! :D

This was my food highlight last year! Delicious grilled cheese with bacon and a nice cold pint of cider really cheered me up on the Sunday just before Dolly when I was feeling rough.

It was located opposite the Bread & Roses bar which is at the end of the pathway leading off towards Other from the left of the Pyramid. I think I saw something on their Facebook or insta the other week saying they would be in the same place this year. Can't wait.

Crayfish bobs in Williams green, the gumbo and boiled crayfish I had there was to die for

thought it was a bit expensive for what it was, it was cheaper at another festival as well which surprised me.

Just down the field a bit is Fancy That (the best Jamaican in a field) - Janice used to be based in the dance village but moved to Williams Green

http://www.fancythatcaribbean.co.uk/

thought it was a bit expensive for what it was, it was cheaper at another festival as well which surprised me.

Just down the field a bit is Fancy That (the best Jamaican in a field) - Janice used to be based in the dance village but moved to Williams Green

legend thanks Scottie! I think thats the Jerk place I found before then forgot where it was!

Lovely!

Crayfish Bobs was alright I thought on price. Great food. Think it was £8 for a gumbo. A large bowl too. Warmed the cockles as I listened to Alison Moyet.

There's an amazing coffee place not far from the merchandise stall by the other stage facing the path towards silver Hayes and I know it's f@£ing useless for you as its your first time but the guardian lounge used to do sound tea and coffee...... God I miss the guardian lounge.

I agree, Guardian lounge was great for a coffee and a chill.

don't get me wrong it was tasty - didn't seem that big a bowl to me. Maybe i got there when stocks were low?

Dunno, the one I had was plenty. Its quite rich. Its not served in big soup bowls. Had lots of it in New Orleans and this is the biggest serving you'll get. Even as a main.

hfr7YMgPw4OLmO-640m.jpg

But yes, in general terms, some of the food is getting very expensive.

Edited by The Nal

Another vote for Manic Organic for breakfast, and there's a good smoothie place just up from it if you need some vitamins (and their soups are good). For a fantastic Masala Chai (and their food is incredible as well) Gandhi's Flip Flop (http://www.gandhisflip-flop.co.uk/) who are on the route to West Holts from Williams Green is well worth checking out

Edited by Greenelk